Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello kawasaki members,

getting in kawasaki family.
Please suggest me how i can lower down seat so that i can have my feet on ground whole sitting.

different seat suggestion?
lowering from suspension?
adding some pics so you guys can suggest me more about it.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Fuel tank Sky
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper

Wheel Tire Jeans Sky Plant

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
You can adjust the rear suspension to lower it a bit. But if you make it too soft it will bottom out. Try setting it to the lowest setting and see how you like it. That will help but won't be enough to fix the problem completely,

There are lower seats available which will lower you about an inch but won't lower the bike.

There are lowering kits which have a piece to add to the rear suspension which lowers the whole bike by an inch or so. It does not change the handling, and I find the bike no longer feels so top heavy and like it wants to tip over easily. Installing it is pretty easy. This would be my suggestion as a better solution than the low seat.

·
Registered
615 Posts
First... WELCOME and nice Gen 2!

Hey I would suggest your seat height is fine. Learn to stop using one foot at a time. A small shift of your position and you'll be able to flatfoot one leg or the other. The fact that you are able to tip-toe both feet is great and more than a lot of guys can do.

If you're wanting lower...

You've got a bit of room on your suspension... try that first and see how you like it.

Yes you can lower the bike (do front AND back so the geometry doesn't change). If you're mostly road riding you won't notice the change much but the bike will be easier to handle. Look at the Motowerk kit for this. Great company; great stuff.

Also... Seat Concepts makes a great low seat for the Versys.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Please suggest me how i can lower down seat so that i can have my feet on ground whole sitting.
Based on the photos Id say your "Boys" are screaming out for lowering when trying to flat foot. Im gonna say go the whole nine yards. Motowerk Versys lowering kit and a lowered seat like Sargent. Or take apart the OEM seat and take an inch of foam off the height. Both will lower the bike 2.5 inches...

·
Registered
499 Posts
If you wear proper boots, that will help get your foot closer to the ground. Also, someone else mentioned the Seat Concepts Low seat. I don't know about the Low model, but I have the standard one on mine and it's the best upgrade I've put on the bike in 6 years of ownership. I would imagine the low is similar in comfort.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts