Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Beginning to look at new prospective rides. The Versys is high on the short list. I currently ride a 2001 Sprint ST. I've had it since it was new and put on 36,000 miles. Within the next 6-12 months, I'll likely sell that, and move on.

For now, I'm content to look around, and find out about the Versys. I'm definitely curious to know about things like service intervals, common glitches, pet peeves, as well as what is great about it.

Thanks.

Peter

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
If you surf around on this forum and the UK forum www.versys.co.uk, you'll get a very good feel for this bike.

For me, of the many bikes I've ever had, this is the best.

I've had no glitches in 17k miles. It does good mpg about 50, has a 5 gallon tank, so 200 miles between fill ups is not an issue.

At 5'10" 175lbs I find it very comfortable for long rides.

It will cruise all day at 85mph+ and hammer round the twisties with any bike out there. It will go two up, with luggage, across high mountain passes with no problems.

Like the NIKE folk say..........Just Do It!

Machog

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Did you rode all the way from Redmond to CO? Lived in Redmond and now live in CO. That is a heck of a long ride.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Got to be honest here, that trip to DEN, I put it on the back of my truck:D.

But, have ridden from SEA to PHX, DEN, SLC, BOI, GEG, SFO and all over Western Canada and down to southern CA, with no truck in site:yeahsmile:. Check out my little map below the avatar-all of those states I have ridden to.

Its a great long distance machine-love it.

Machog

·
Registered
291 Posts
Got to be honest here, that trip to DEN, I put it on the back of my truck:D.

But, have ridden from SEA to PHX, DEN, SLC, BOI, GEG, SFO and all over Western Canada and down to southern CA, with no truck in site:yeahsmile:. Check out my little map below the avatar-all of those states I have ridden to.

Its a great long distance machine-love it.

Machog

That's funny, I have a green V, and a black Honda Ridgeline.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts