Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks,

Very happy to report that I just purchased a one-owner beautifully maintained and garaged 2009 Versys, in Poway, CA. I had been researching bikes and thought for sure I'd get an SV650 or a V-Strom 650. I test drove 3 SV's, but couldn't pull the trigger, just wasn't talking to me. The V-Strom felt a bit large and long to me. Then I discovered the Versys, and saw it had a 5.5" shorter wheelbase. Now we're talkin! I found this one on CL yesterday, and all the stars aligned. I bought it and loaded it into my pickup truck.

Steve S.
Glendale, CA

Attachments

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
nice buy :) ive owned 2 sv's (1N and 1SS) and i think the sv dosnt stand up to the V. V is just a all around better ride

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
:welcome: Nice. Looks like it came with a Givi windscreen. Well done. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
16,218 Posts
:welcome: Just about 20 miles down the road from you in Norwalk.

·
Super Moderator
19,602 Posts
Hello Folks,

Very happy to report that I just purchased a one-owner beautifully maintained and garaged 2009 Versys, in Poway, CA. I had been researching bikes and thought for sure I'd get an SV650 or a V-Strom 650. I test drove 3 SV's, but couldn't pull the trigger, just wasn't talking to me. The V-Strom felt a bit large and long to me. Then I discovered the Versys, and saw it had a 5.5" shorter wheelbase. Now we're talkin! I found this one on CL yesterday, and all the stars aligned. I bought it and loaded it into my pickup truck.

Steve S.
Glendale, CA
:welcome:

And you got the BEST '09 color, TOO!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
New 2009

Thank you all for the replies. Looks to be a great forum.
I unloaded it off of my pickup this evening, and went on a maiden 45 minute ride around town. First things to address, the terrible buzzing around the speedo housing, already read up on that. Also my two buttons on my dash panel aren't working, and I read on that as well. I'll clean and spray contact cleaner on those, and just inspect how they work. The instrument panel was replaced by the PO under warranty at 13k miles.
This bike is a 1-owner bike, bought new in 2011 after sitting on the lot. It's always been garaged, and looks it. 25k miles, but looks new. He commuted to work with it. Has Michelin Pilot II tires with lots of tread. Yes, it's got a Givi windscreen, have stock also. He installed a HID low beam bulb, not sold on it yet. Need to aim it a bit higher. May try a Silverstar bulb.
I'll be attending the Motorcycle show in Long Beach this Saturday, then join a friend for a ride in the San Gabriels.
Cheers! Steve in Glendale, CA.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
sorry kiddos..the solar pearl yellow (aka bumble bee) is totally the BOMB...:cheers:
naaaahhhhh passion red :) (and i hate red lol) just love that name

·
Registered
371 Posts
nice buy ... you wont regret it . I had my 08 V for 5 yrs and was by far the best overall bike I have had . I sold it last yr and now im back in the Kawi shop looking at a new V

·
Premium Member
16,218 Posts
best part about the green ones is that all the other parts are black

Nah, its that you can blow boogers on it and no one can tell..:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts