Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...I'm new here. I've been riding motorcycles about 8 years...my 1st bike was a yamaha r6...then I got a kawasaki zr750s which I just traded in for a 2010 versys.

I live in St PAul MN...and all of the local kawi dealers had leftover versi from 08-09...and therefore didnt even order any 2010's. I went to one of my local dealers last thursday and said I wanted a 2010 versys...that I knew they didnt have one...but I wanted one anyway.

They tried to sell me a leftover claiming no changes had been made yet and that they didnt even think the 2010 model was out...what idiots!!! Nonetheless after I schooled them on the changes...I ordered a 2010...got it for the 2009 price...and should be taking delivery this wednesday...I can't wait!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Today I took delivery

Today I picked up my 2010 versys...traded in my 05' zr750s.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i176/ullmandds/kawiprofile.jpg
I was super happy and excited when I arrived at The Hitching Post in Fridley, MN. As I waited for the staff to expedite the paperwork I was suddenly approached by the financial dude whom ultimately ok'd the deal and he said there was a problem with my trade in. They thought it was an 06...but it's an 05...and the trade in we negotiated was for an 06'. I said what does this mean? He told me there was a $300 difference in book value and he wanted to charge me $100 more. I said you're going to make 2K on my trade in and you're nickel and diming me over $100 for your mistake. Then he seemed to get annoyed and said I didn't have to pay it. What a jerk! Then the girl who was helping me with the paperwork tried to get me to buy accessories and service...which I had already gone through the previous visit.

Customer service is ****!!!

Now the good...I absolutely love this bike!!!!! It's so easy to ride well...and it's pretty comfy and it handles great...from what I can tell from 50 miles under 4K RPM!!!

I'm very impressed with the fit and finish and quality of materials...the matte tank is cool...and I love the front fender. The speedo/odo oozes quality...for the $$$...I haven't seen better!

I already ordered a Baldwin seat after reading all of the complaints about the seat...I didn't think it was so bad...I'm used to bad Kawi seats!!! Should arrive the end of the month. And I love the motor...think I may need to upgrade the exhaust. I'm 5'9 1/2"...and was concerned about the height...but feel comfortable enough that I won't lower the bike. May get speedy's mirror extenders and kickstand thingy!

I'm so happy with my decision so far!!!

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i176/ullmandds/versys.jpg

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts