Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been looking for a Versys for about a month now and finally found one.

The drivetrain is stock except (I kid you not) a 16T front and 34T rear sprocket.
The PO commuted at 3:30am and was shooting for 55MPG.
It currently has 36,000 miles and has been well maintained (documented) The valves were in spec at 20,000 miles, and are due for a check now. No known or obvious issues with the bike. I will be returning the gears to stock ASAP.

Looking forward to putting some more miles on it commuting and visiting places near and far.

·
Registered
3,434 Posts

The drivetrain is stock except (I kid you not) a 16T front and 34T rear sprocket.
It currently has 36,000 miles and has been well maintained (documented) The valves were in spec at 20,000 miles, and are due for a check now. No known or obvious issues with the bike. I will be returning the gears to stock ASAP.

Looking forward to putting some more miles on it commuting and visiting places near and far.
The standard Sprocket sizes are 15/46 which is a significant difference from what is installed. I would be inclined to immediately replace the sprockets and probably the chain as well to avoid bogging the engine.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Definitely will regear ASAP. The current gears are not traffic friendly. I have the stock sprockets in good condition and just picked up a new chain. I will not be riding until I have a chance to do the swap.

·
Super Moderator
19,630 Posts

:welcome:

I REGULARLY get 52+ mpgUS, and as many as 60 occasionally, and that's w/ STOCK GEARING, in AZ.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts