Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just ordered the accessory windshield for the Versys.

I have lowered it 2" front/rear, put on the 2" lower Kawasaki gel seat, and shortened the kickstand. It now feels great (no more tip toes).
My FZ1 I lowered soon as I got it also, no ill handling, no clearance problems after many thousands of miles hard riding.

The bracket that I bought on Ebay for the 650R, I had to grind a little for clearance on the Versys (not much). It was an easy install.

·
Registered
469 Posts
jnor, you're amazing. For me, I have no intention of lowering the bike or seat, but others are, so can you please give more details of exactly what you did, along with pictures?

Not only can you post them here, but I'll copy other forums of your response to lead them to this forum for the answer.

I have the Givi screen and am quite happy with it.

So glad you made the V work for you. It is a great bike.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had to cut 3/4" off the kickstand. Here are some pics:

I'll get some better ones later, the bike is on the back porch, we have 2 bikes, and 2 cars in the garage, i'll get it out, and take better pics later.

Attachments

·
Registered
318 Posts
I'd like to see it on the bike and know how well it works for you. I've been looking into windscreens and the Givi looks like the one everyone seems to like.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll post a picture later.....the weather is so crappy here...I wish I was in Las Vegas......I miss In N Out Burger!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's Winter here in Atlantic Canada STILL :-(

But I have some pics..

View from the Back..

From the Side...

Different positions...

Just need the snow to go away to try the damn thing out... I'm 5'11 and looking forward to the air dispersion.

Hope this helps.

Goob

·
Registered
318 Posts
I'll post a picture later.....the weather is so crappy here...I wish I was in Las Vegas......I miss In N Out Burger!!!
My wife was just in Cleveland last week. I can tell you she definitely doesn't miss the weather. After seeing the pictures, I'm glad I'm here in Vegas.

I can ship you some In-N-Out. I don't know how fresh it'll be when it gets there. :D

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, I lowered the rear 2" with a shock bracket that I bought on Ebay, and dropped the front the same by sliding the fork tubes through the triple trees. I had to shorten the kickstand after that.

There is a thread on here with pics.

·
Registered
6 Posts
can you tell me the manufacturer of the shock bracket (Streetfighter, Hyperpro?) I'm thinking about getting the bike, but i find it too high.

could lowering springs be combined with the shock bracket?

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here's the Ebay item number that I bought....120219765339

You can still see it by using the ebay advanced search, and search it by number.

I would email the seller (sportbikedetails) and I'm sure they will sell you one, they don't currently have any listed right now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts