Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Normally I would never post in this type of section but I'm just trying to figure out my posting status.
So far this is the only thread I could do. I was unable to reply to any other thread I've read so far. Weird.

Since I'm typing......I have a blue 09 V. Got it earlier this spring and love it. Have some big winter project plans for it. Hopefully I'll follow through with them and get all the help I"ll need from you guys.

·
Premium Member
16,218 Posts
:welcome: Good choice in color.:D

·
Premium Member
7,878 Posts
Normally I would never post in this type of section but I'm just trying to figure out my posting status.
So far this is the only thread I could do. I was unable to reply to any other thread I've read so far. Weird.

Since I'm typing......I have a blue 09 V. Got it earlier this spring and love it. Have some big winter project plans for it. Hopefully I'll follow through with them and get all the help I"ll need from you guys.
:welcome:

BTW. You will need something like 5 post here and about 48hrs before you can post elsewhere in this forum-Security features to avoid spam.

anyway :welcome:again and try post some more info here with pictures. we love pictures..:D

:cheers:

·
Registered
4 Posts

Hi I just became a member about thirty minutes ago. I would like some insight on a Versys I am about to buy. It is a 2009 Plasma Blue Versys with less than 800 miles on it. The seller is a ceo at a corporate company and seems reliable. He is asking 4950 for the bike. I went to check it out and there are no dings/ any sign of boot wear, sprocket wear/ brake wear. I rode the bike and the engine seems like it is in great condition. He said he would give me the bill of sale and his history of the 600 mile check up. The bike also shifts extremely smoothly. Also included in the purchase is a set of soft luggage and a disk brake lock and new bike cover. I would love any insight!!

Thank You,

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
5 replys. Thats crazy. I feel like I'm in grade shcool again when everyone is forced to introduce themselves. Good thing I don't have an immideate need for tech help.

I don't really have any pics yet. Its just a stone stock blue V. Have to admit the color grew on me. I'd still rather have a green one. I settled on blue since they seems to be everywhere and mine will be rattle can black at some point.

I have adventures on my mind so that is the direction my mods will go this winter. 1st priority some luggage. 2nd really. 1st is a TIG welder so I can make the lugage.

3 post to go.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Since I have posting to do to kill time.

My handle is based off the first bike I ever had. Honda 919. Loved it. Was very sad to see it go. I put 77,000 miles on it from when I got it new in 03 to when I broke its frame in 09. She did everything. Adv rides, sport touring rides, touring, track days, commuting, errand running.

Had a 990 Avd after than (4 months) and then an 08 CBR1000 turned streetfighter for about 18 months before I decided to settle back down into a real relationship.

I hope to use the V for all the same (basically everything imaginable). Except the track day stuff. Very much like the parallel twin so far. Smooth (for a twin) and unbelievable mid range power. A budy on his 800 GS was totally suprized when he took it for a spin. And for my 4500 bucks vs his 17K I'd say I got more for my money.

·
Registered
59 Posts
:welcome: I allso considered the 800GS and ended up with the versys. I cant say I regret anything. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jnor. I dont think so. Unless your the guy I bought it from. I got it of a dude nearish to Cincinati. He was the original owner.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts