Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, my name is Brete and I live here in Killeen, Tx. I bought my V in March of 2008. In less than a year I have laid it down and suffered a swallon ankle and my pride hurt. In October of this past year I was hit going to work one morning. I was lucky I did not lay the bike down but the right saddle bag took the hit.

I really like this forum and reading the topics and the threads. There is some really good information at there.

I would like some more info. on the engine guards, and whats the best hand guards to have on the V.

Thanks for reading and look forward to meeting you all.

Brete

·
Registered
76 Posts
Welcome! Sorry to hear about two accidents in so short a time. If you're a new rider, you might consider taking the MSF course in the spring. Even if you're not a new rider, the courses are good for refreshing skills. Can't always guard against the unexpected, but best to take every chance to be prepared for it!

I have the Hepco& Becker guards, but haven't installed them yet. Heard that they can be a bear but they offer really good protection.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Welcome Brete...Hope you got all the bad stuff out of the way and can enjoy some safe riding...Just an FYI on the H&B guards darcym...They were easy to install it was the mod on the dopey charcoal canister cover that took the most time

·
Registered
76 Posts
Contractor - yeah, thanks. I'm thinking about removing it altogether. Pro'lly not until after the 600 mile check, tho'.
:)
dm

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi guys, my name is Brete and I live here in Killeen, Tx. I bought my V in March of 2008. In less than a year I have laid it down and suffered a swallon ankle and my pride hurt. In October of this past year I was hit going to work one morning. I was lucky I did not lay the bike down but the right saddle bag took the hit.

I really like this forum and reading the topics and the threads. There is some really good information at there.

I would like some more info. on the engine guards, and whats the best hand guards to have on the V.

Thanks for reading and look forward to meeting you all.

Brete
Hey Brete!

I'm almost in the same club - I bought my V in April of '08 and I laid it down in July.

Glad to hear you're doing okay though, and from the sound of it, so is the V.

Oh yeah, and

:welcome:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts