Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a white and green 2018 versys 650 abs on Sunday, my first new anything!
I am located on the east end of Long Island. Loving the bike so far, even if it’s been too hot to put serious miles in it, hit 200 on the odometer last night.

·
Premium Member
16,216 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just got an all black 2018 LT. I like it more than I thought.
its not my only one but its the primary driver. was still fun the few
times ive been caught in rain.

I call it "money pit" cause of the extra stuff I've bought.

its not too hot to drive. the faster you go the cooler it gets.>:)

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Welcome. Isn't it great to be able to buy a new something? Especially since is was a Versys!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hope you enjoy your Versys. Did you have a previous Cycle?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hope you enjoy your Versys. Did you have a previous Cycle?
This is my first bike of this size. I had a tw200 for the last couple years but needed a little more comfort on the highway and it just escalated from there...

Noticed my 18 comes with a factory shift indicator, is this the first year? I was under the impression that was what the other round socket was typically used for.

Ordered a tank bag, relay and bike master socket, and Givi crash guards. Trying to keep that stuff to a minimum but add some amenities.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Too hot??? I was riding in 123deg yesterday!

Congrats on the new bike!
Lol I need more severe weather gear I guess. My gear had me cooking.

I just got an all black 2018 LT. I like it more than I thought.
its not my only one but its the primary driver. was still fun the few
times ive been caught in rain.

I call it "money pit" cause of the extra stuff I've bought.

its not too hot to drive. the faster you go the cooler it gets.>:)
Lol yeah I’m dealing with the busy season in a vacation town so there is a ton of traffic and people on the road who drive a couple weeks a year. Out on the highway it was much more bearable.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
4 month ish update. Still haven’t installed the crash bars but have added a cortech tank bag, Nelson Rigg saddle bags (added simple steel tube from passenger foot peg to license plate reflector for additional support), the aux. NR 15l dry bags in case I need them, a cheap emgo hard box, sw motech steel rack, wind deflector.... and about 1400 miles and 2 oil changes. I have been a bad member so I did not think I can post pics yet....

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
4 month ish update. Still haven’t installed the crash bars but have added a cortech tank bag, Nelson Rigg saddle bags (added simple steel tube from passenger foot peg to license plate reflector for additional support), the aux. NR 15l dry bags in case I need them, a cheap emgo hard box, sw motech steel rack, wind deflector.... and about 1400 miles and 2 oil changes. I have been a bad member so I did not think I can post pics yet....
https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/5-member-introductions/214954-how-post-inline-pictures-into-threads-no-photobucket.html
You should have no trouble posting, good to go in August 2018 already

1 - 20 of 20 Posts