Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined although I have been on this forum before. I purchased a 2011 Versys yesterday with 1800 miles on it so now we have two in the garage. My wife has been riding one since 2008 and has 30000 miles on hers. I also have a BMW R1200GSA but wanted something smaller and lighter. I traded a 2013 Husky Terra 650 for the Versys and not looking back as I am not doing much dual sport riding anymore.

Anyway, I am 64 and a retired pilot flying for the government for 33 years, first as a Marine and then for Customs and Border Protection. I travel a lot and enjoy photography, reading, hiking and canoeing. Had four horses for awhile but that passion has faded.

The 2011 Versys is pretty much stock. I want to add bark busters, crash bars, and perhaps a skid plate. It comes with brand new tires but eventually I want to put more of a dual sport tire on. I figure this will make it as capable as I need it on dual sport roads.

If you want someone to show you around west Texas, southern New Mexico, Big Bend or even down into Mexico (Copper Canyon), drop me a line.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Welcome from waaaay east in San Antonio. :grin2: Lived in Alamogordo for something like four years while my charming wife was Deputy Logistics Director @ Holloman. Nice town and great location - we enjoyed the desert and mountain terrain and found it great for riding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts