Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I want to give a thumbs up to Admorelight. Everything work as stated, tail light & brake lights look good. I didn't want the turn signals hooked up through the bag lights so just capped off the leads.

Of course like any other job I just had to clean this and OH that would be cool to do, so a trip the the store.

I ordered directly from them in the clearance department and paid $87.00 plus shipping.

After a friend's adult son was rear ended last year I changed tack on what I'm doing with the bike. Rather than adding an aftermarket exhaust and GPS and other toys I decided to buy Hi-Vis gear for me, put on the reflective rim tape and add the rear lights , next up is front lighting. Will it all help? Can't really say BUT it can't hurt can it?

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
And I want to give a thumbs up to Admorelight. Everything work as stated, tail light & brake lights look good. I didn't want the turn signals hooked up through the bag lights so just capped off the leads.

Of course like any other job I just had to clean this and OH that would be cool to do, so a trip the the store.

I ordered directly from them in the clearance department and paid $87.00 plus shipping.

After a friend's adult son was rear ended last year I changed tack on what I'm doing with the bike. Rather than adding an aftermarket exhaust and GPS and other toys I decided to buy Hi-Vis gear for me, put on the reflective rim tape and add the rear lights , next up is front lighting. Will it all help? Can't really say BUT it can't hurt can it?
Did the same thing with my V35s last fall and am very pleased with the results. I then made a bet with myself about how long it would be before I try to remove the V35s without first disconnecting the power cable. I didn't say cables because I imagine one failure to disconnect would alert me not to attempt the same thing with the other bag. However, I suspect it's not a matter of "if" but one of "when." :D But so far so good!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I then made a bet with myself about how long it would be before I try to remove the V35s without first disconnecting the cable. It's not a matter of "if" but one of "when." :D But so far so good!
:funnypost: Funny but true. Sadly I'll be joining your club I fear.

·
Super Moderator
19,780 Posts
...After a friend's adult son was rear ended last year I changed tack on what I'm doing with the bike. Rather than adding an aftermarket exhaust and GPS and other toys I decided to buy Hi-Vis gear for me, put on the reflective rim tape and add the rear lights , next up is front lighting. Will it all help? Can't really say BUT it can't hurt can it?
IMHO - you're going in the RIGHT direction. I'm sure you've seen it, but here's the lights on my aluminum panniers.

FIRST - trunning lights...

then left turn sig...

and NOW - brake lights!

A trucker called to me at a traffic-light..."LOVE your lights!"

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Freddy, the KLR is next up on the "To Do" list I have a couple of surface mount LED lights that are about 8" long and 2" wide, the Pelicans I have are too small to take the "Moon Pies" you have! :D I just need to either buy or made a hook up with a PCM to cut the brightness down on the running light side and a couple of diodes to prevent cross feed when I hook the tail and brakes light to the same set of LEDs.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
IMHO - you're going in the RIGHT direction. I'm sure you've seen it, but here's the lights on my aluminum panniers.

FIRST - trunning lights...

then left turn sig...

and NOW - brake lights!

A trucker called to me at a traffic-light..."LOVE your lights!"
At night it must look like something from Close Encounters of the Third Kind. That's a good thing BTW. Well done.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
BTW these are with just the tail light NOT brake lights.
You posted that in the other thread you made about these. As someone who did hook up the turn signals on the kit I ask why did you choose not to?

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like the amber turn signals is all. I can go back at any time and hook up them up if I want as all I did was cap off the wires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts