Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Just bought a brand new 2009 at a smoking price - gotta love stock that the dealer wants to move out ASAP!

I'll be looking into mods to make the bike more comfortable as I'm 6'3 250lbs.

Then I'll start worrying about a bit more perf :guilty:

·
Registered
250 Posts
Lower the pegs for starters, made a huge difference for me ( 6'1", 225 lbs ). The seat isn't an issue for me, been on many hour-long rides with no monkey butt issues.

·
Premium Member
16,151 Posts
:welcome: Enjoy the ride. I'm 6'2" 270lbs i have mine set up to be extremly comfortable.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the input guys. Picking up the bike tommorow AM - it's the 1st brand new bike I've ever gotten!

It seems that the motowerks pegs are the way to go - I'll get a set on order in the next week or 2.

Weljo - what's the advantage to having the concours pegs?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys,

Just bought a brand new 2009 at a smoking price - gotta love stock that the dealer wants to move out ASAP!
Me too! :yeahsmile:
And it's my first brand new bike too :)

Traded my '05 V-Strom 1000 in for a 0 miles, '59 plate Pearl Wildfire Orange Versys 3 weeks ago and I'm absolutely lovin it :thumb:

It does everything so much easier than the big Strom.
I thought I'd miss the strom, but I'm sooooOOOOOooooo glad I swapped :clap:
I'm converted :thumb:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
had the 1st ride today - went well overall, but i have a few observations:

1st off - this thing vibrates! Everything is badly blurred in the mirrors over 100 kph (60 mph) - is that normal?

2ndly - my tail bone was/is killing me after the ride. Again, anyone experienced this?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts