Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So stoked....just got a brand new 2012 V 1000!!! It's brown which to me looks better than the 2013 orange one, but not as good as the white one. Those were my two options in Vancouver Canada. Sweet deal on the last 2012 left at the dealer and will be picking it up in September as I am leaving on my Vstrom 1000 for a three week trip to the Artic Circle in Alaska tomorrow!!! Then will be selling my old trusty strom.

Strom has been great but looked for an upgrade in speed and handling as most riding is done in the mountains for me. Researched the KTM 990 SMT and the Versys 1000 for the replacement. Both have great reviews and price played a big role in my decision as well. I could have gotten a 2010 KTM or a new 2012 model Versy....for the same dough with the awesome deal i got.

Looking forward to breaking it in during the fall...:clap:

·
Super Moderator
16,058 Posts
Enjoy the new bike. Wish we had that option here in the states.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
All the best with the V1000 and looking forward to hearing your reports on it, it has not sold well here in NZ at all.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Sweet, congrats! Be careful on that throttle with those extra horses! I used to scare the s**t out of myself sometimes with my old Bandit 1200. :)

·
Registered
612 Posts
you will love it for sure. I am midway through a 6 day trip with 6 others through the Interior and Kootenays and North Cascades and it has been amazing. The others that have seen it in action and have tried it cannot believe the power and performance. We have done 4 or 5 of the top Designated Highways of B.C. very "spiritidely" and it has been a blast. !

·
Registered
612 Posts
Hey V-coaster....... What is your opinion on that inline 4 engine?? Does it feel like a sportbike now? Except for the seating position of course....;)
Cheers

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
it does feel like a sportbike but with everything I loved about the 650 riding position,agility,etc.
I have had it up to 175 kph with fully loaded side and top bags with not a hint of vibes or exertion and the guys I'm passing say it is just purring. :D

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
I love my inline Ninja 1000 engine as it just purrs so im sure it would be awesome in the V1000, I could really consider a v1000 in burnt orange.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yes i got the last 2012 V1000 they had from Burnaby Kawasaki. I have heard nothing but good things about that dealership.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts