Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just got the 600 mile service on my 2012 black and yellow Versys. All is well and I am loving this bike. I did have a recall on the rear foot pegs, apparently the "e" clip can fall off and pin fall out.(no big deal). I am looking at an SW Motech luggage rack and possibly a back rest for the wife if anyone has a suggestion. I have not seen any factory backrest. anyway as it gets warmer and I start taking trips I will be posting some pics:cheers:

·
Registered
623 Posts
Well I just got the 600 mile service on my 2012 black and yellow Versys. All is well and I am loving this bike. I did have a recall on the rear foot pegs, apparently the "e" clip can fall off and pin fall out.(no big deal). I am looking at an SW Motech luggage rack and possibly a back rest for the wife if anyone has a suggestion. I have not seen any factory backrest. anyway as it gets warmer and I start taking trips I will be posting some pics:cheers:
Hey tommy, if you don't mind my asking, what did you pay for that service?

I've been looking at the luggage options also, the mototech rack sure looks like a good one.

·
Registered
616 Posts
The back rest choices I know of are:
Buy a custom seat with a backrest
Add a backrest to your top box.

Maybe a cruiser type backrest could be attached to the rack's rails?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey tommy, if you don't mind my asking, what did you pay for that service?

I've been looking at the luggage options also, the mototech rack sure looks like a good one.
my service was 138.00. they totally went over the bike plus oil/filter change. they have a book that told them what a 2012 versys required for this mileage.

·
Premium Member
16,216 Posts
Givi Backrest on a Givi E-55 Topcase....

·
Registered
623 Posts
my service was 138.00. they totally went over the bike plus oil/filter change. they have a book that told them what a 2012 versys required for this mileage.
thnx tommy. I decided to do this myself, was wondering if it was worth it. Part of the cost of doing these things yerself is you do expose yourself to the possibility Kawi would deny warranty work.

Legally, they're not suppose to do that... hope it never comes to that!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i only took it back this time for warranty, because it is so new but i will do everything myself from now on

1 - 8 of 8 Posts