Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from Placerville, CA after my first real trip on my fairly new to me green 09 Versys. It was around 160mi each way, and I took as many back roads as possible. I had a blast.

I have been commuting and taking short trips to get used to the bike. I figured it was time to really test it (and me). This is the first bike I've owned that handles well. I have always been a Harley guy, and did all the dumb things Harley riders get a bad rap for. (except sitting and needlessly revving the engine :) I got out of riding for several years, got my **** together and decided I wanted another bike that I could actually go places with. I wasn't really even considering a Japanese bike. I really wanted a dual sport or adventure bike, but I knew I didn't really need the off-road capability. I looked high and low and never found anything that appealed to me at all (at least not at a reasonable price) After reading more and more, and visiting this site, the Versys seemed like a no-brainer. I have to say that the fact that it doesn't look like all the other bikes out there was a big draw for me, but it has turned out to be so much more than that that made me love it.

This forum has helped me learn a lot about this bike and helped to make good decisions on what modifications and gear would be best for me.

Thanks to everyone that make this site a great resource.

I plan on taking many more, and much longer trips on my Versys.

·
Premium Member
16,153 Posts
:thumb::thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts