Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traded my Versys in on a R1200 GS few months back.. No regrets. There is a reason Beemers cost so much. The Versys is still top in my book for real value and ability. Never regretted owning it. Thanks for having me.. ride safe out there and remember you are the target..

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought a 05. It had about 4 K in accessories on it. My riding buddy bought a Water cooled one.

At 55 yrs of age the BMW fits my needs very well. The luggage it awesome and the suspension is very good also. Power brakes will spoil you also.

The 05 is not anyway near as fast as the 2013-14 model. In many ways two completely different bikes. The newer GS is more Versys like as in more sporty. The older ones seem to be more laid back.

The 05 is great in all my riding. Gravel roads, up down ditches , in town or interstate travel.

I am not posting this to rain on the Versys in no way. Just wanted to share my experience with this great group of folks here.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Traded my Versys in on a R1200 GS few months back.. No regrets. There is a reason Beemers cost so much. The Versys is still top in my book for real value and ability. Never regretted owning it. Thanks for having me.. ride safe out there and remember you are the target..
Well shoot. You could have done what I did. Keep the Versys and get a BMW too. Have to admit though the BMW is a 93 K75S rather than a shiny new model. Still, two is more fun than one. I have a very accommodating wife. :thumb:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
and three even more, still have a 02 R1 and a 07 Victory in the garage also. No shortage of bikes to ride here.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Ahhhh my favorite year R1. Nice stable!

Congrats on the new beems. Anything more than a 650 and I get myself into trouble. Its rather sad.

Who am I kidding, I still get into trouble on my 650s...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts