Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought Versys_Guy's Versys through Ebay last Friday. I had read some of his post and thought he was somewhat "too forward" especially since I own a C14 and he had posted some negative statements about my bike. Well Versys_Guy was really a great guy; very organized, having most all his paperwork on the many accessories; and very knowledgeable (except for his opinion about the C14). I really enjoyed meeting him and his family.

I did get a good ride in, here in Middle Tennessee, on Sunday. The best thing about this bike is how well it handles. It is going to take some getting used to keeping the revs above 4K where it has sufficient power and is relatively smooth. I got 55.5 mpg from my first tank (mostly back roads with steady throttle). The bike stumbles a little below 4K and has quit a bit of vibration, at least compared to other bikes I have had and now own. The bike is very similar to my DL1000 but with superior handling and less power. I can’t wait to get to the Smokies and Northern Georgia.

The first thing I am going to do is put the 16 tooth front sprocket on (came with bike). This thing is just geared too low. I think I'm going to enjoy the V and this forum community.

·
Registered
312 Posts
:welcome: JEJCPA.

If you can swing it, why not try to join us for the group ride in North GA on 11/8? There are quite a few Versys owners in that area. I'm from Winston-Salem, NC and I'll be traveling through the area. We've decided to turn it into a small group ride opportunity.

Check out the thread here.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Were is this group ride and were can i find more info on it. I would love to take a nice long ride. More info please

1 - 7 of 7 Posts