Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I went and bought a new 2013 650 in blue. Love the bike and I think I got a great/incredible deal from the shop in Lancaster, Texas. I am planning on adding a top case and there are so many options--expensive and inexpensive. Is there a list with recommended and tested equipment? Also planning on fog lights and there are many ways to go with that! All advise is welcome!
Cheers,
Mickey

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
:welcome:
That could arguably be the best model of all!
Drive Safe!
Oh yeah, we need Pics please :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mod list for V650

Thanks for pointing to your list--lots of good items! I noticed you went from the Givi V46 to the E55, was this due to size or the V46 didn't work out? I need to take some pics, after I wash it. I sat on the V1000 in Lancaster and it feels great--just not in the budget right now. The V650 is a blast and a keeper not matter what. That shop has the best prices anywhere!

·
Registered
4 Posts
So, I went and bought a new 2013 650 in blue. Love the bike and I think I got a great/incredible deal from the shop in Lancaster, Texas. I am planning on adding a top case and there are so many options--expensive and inexpensive. Is there a list with recommended and tested equipment? Also planning on fog lights and there are many ways to go with that! All advise is welcome!
Cheers,
Mickey

Hi there!
I just bought a new 2013 versys too! I am getting it in a few weeks and I will have a long ride home to Abisko who is 200kms north of the polar circle =)
I am thinking of a tankbag but I dont know if the tank is plastic or metal?

Best regards
/J

·
Registered
805 Posts
:welcome:

Hi there!
I just bought a new 2013 versys too! I am getting it in a few weeks and I will have a long ride home to Abisko who is 200kms north of the polar circle =)
I am thinking of a tankbag but I dont know if the tank is plastic or metal?

Best regards
/J
The tank is metal, but the fairings on either side are plastic. I would suggest the tank lock systems which hold the bag off the paint. I have seen some battle scars from magnetic tank bags, and it's never good. Some guys on here made their own tank lock systems with cutting boards and standard bags too. You can buy the mounting hardware separate so all in it's not that much $$

1 - 11 of 11 Posts