Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whoa. Just bought my first bike! I was looking for an older (70s-80s) Euro bike, had a decent level of interest in Japanese (grew up in the 70s with a Dad who always had euro bikes, mostly brit, with the occasional Honda thrown in.) Learned to ride over 30 years ago but never owned anything.

Have been searching for a couple of months since being gifted a new Vespa (I don't want to hear it, it's a lot of fun :) that my non-riding cousin won in a raffle. That really got the juices flowing again, and after a few weeks trolling eBay I came across a nice deal on a 2008 Versys (3000 miles, lots of extras). Wasn't that interested initially but after reading all the incredible reviews and rider comments, I decided this one shouldn't get away. Paid the deposit today.

Should have it in a couple of weeks and cannot wait. This forum looks fantastic and I'm looking forward to chatting to you all some more.

Cheers,

Gabe

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Rick,

I'm a Brit from Manchester living in Brooklyn :)

I've been dashing home from after work every night to try to get a bit of riding practice in before the sun goes down. Working on smoothing out the gear changes - I'm probably rusty and the throttle seems very sensitive, though I am probably just getting used to the engine power.

What a blast!

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Hi Rick,

I'm a Brit from Manchester living in Brooklyn :)

I've been dashing home from after work every night to try to get a bit of riding practice in before the sun goes down. Working on smoothing out the gear changes - I'm probably rusty and the throttle seems very sensitive, though I am probably just getting used to the engine power.

What a blast!
Indeed!

:thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts