Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, just bought a 2014 Versys, living in Berkeley. It's my first bike, other than the dirtbikes I had when I was a kid. I absolutely love it. It's a smidge tall for my 32 in inseam but I love being this high and I can still manuver through city traffic. Also, lane splitting is legal in California - I can't imagine sitting in this highway traffic. I can never leave this state!

Anyways, my bike was used and I'm looking to pick up some advice and instruction, maybe buy some used parts (anybody selling a green front fender? Mine has a crack :crying:) and generally learn more about this bike. It seems like a hell of a well-rounded ride!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welcome! I have 2013(First bike as well) and live in the Central Valley. I have really enjoyed it, while it's not a dirt bike I've been able to push it farther than I expected off the asphalt then I expected and I think most of that limitation is still the rider and not the bike!

·
Super Moderator
19,176 Posts
:welcome: aboard!

...Anyways, my bike was used and I'm looking to pick up some advice and instruction, maybe buy some used parts (anybody selling a green front fender? Mine has a crack :crying:) and generally learn more about this bike. It seems like a hell of a well-rounded ride!
You can repair the fender w/ epoxy, and IF you do it from beneath you MIGHT get away w/out needing to paint it. OR you could paint it black like was done on the '15 green Vs:

:goodluck:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:welcome: aboard!

You can repair the fender w/ epoxy, and IF you do it from beneath you MIGHT get away w/out needing to paint it. OR you could paint it black like was done on the '15 green Vs:

(img I can't post a link to with my current post count)

:goodluck:
Hmmm those actually look pretty good, maybe I will!

In the meantime I'm just trying to get my license. I just found out in my safety course (passed!) that I have to take the regular California written test when I take the motorcycle written test. At this point I'm going to feel exceptionally well-trained and certified in all things California driving.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome! I have 2013(First bike as well) and live in the Central Valley. I have really enjoyed it, while it's not a dirt bike I've been able to push it farther than I expected off the asphalt then I expected and I think most of that limitation is still the rider and not the bike!
Hey that's cool, I saw somebody else on here from the Bay. Is there any in-person meet ups or rider groups?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Not that I am aware of, I'm pretty new around here so maybe. I have noticed a few people in the area. It would be fun to get a ride together sometime.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
19,176 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hmmm those actually look pretty good, maybe I will!

In the meantime I'm just trying to get my license. I just found out in my safety course (passed!) that I have to take the regular California written test when I take the motorcycle written test. At this point I'm going to feel exceptionally well-trained and certified in all things California driving.
What's up, East Bay?

Just keep in mind that there's a big difference between "California driving" and "proper driving."

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeah, I remember those written CA driving tests. I walked into DMV last August expecting to just p/u a learner's permit but found myself sitting in front of a computer unprepared, taking both tests, but managed to pass them anyway.

I'd love to get together for a ride, however I've got a couple of obstacles. Probably won't be available before June. PM me when you want to go out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts