Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a happy guy! I got my used 09 Versys last Thursday :thumb:

We had a superb fall weekend here in Ottawa, ON so I was able to add 800km to the V! What a great machine, I love it! Compared to my Kawasaki EX500, it's definitely more of a balanced bike - great handling, great ergonomics and comfort.

The Versys is stock. Does anyone have suggestions for immediate upgrade to protect the machine? Someone mentioned to me a radiator protector as the front wheel fender doesn't prevent the rocks from flying into the radiator.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
:welcome:

You can protect your radiator by both some screening you attach to the front of the radiator and by getting some crash bars.

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39938

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/gtsearch.php?cx=partner-pub-7865546952023728:1ljngzsdq4b&cof=FORID:11&ie=UTF-8&q=crash+bars&siteurl=www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39938&ref=www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11&ss=2616j1409472j10

A fender extender will give you more protection from front tire throw as well.

A rear hugger is another great item to get.....it never ends! ;)

·
Premium Member
16,198 Posts
:welcome:

You can protect your radiator by both some screening you attach to the front of the radiator and by getting some crash bars.

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39938

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/gtsearch.php?cx=partner-pub-7865546952023728:1ljngzsdq4b&cof=FORID:11&ie=UTF-8&q=crash+bars&siteurl=www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39938&ref=www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11&ss=2616j1409472j10

A fender extender will give you more protection from front tire throw as well.

A rear hugger is another great item to get.....it never ends! ;)

+1

021 by weljo2001, on Flickr

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I could potentially spend a couple of pay checks on accessories by the looks of it :D

·
Premium Member
16,198 Posts
I could potentially spend a couple of pay checks on accessories by the looks of it :D

That would be a good start...:D

·
Registered
90 Posts
radiator cover is a must and there are 2 main brands for engine guards...HB bars do seem as though you would get some radiator protection. Aside from that my four favorite farkles are speedys mirror extenders, peg lowering kit, givi windscreen and heated grips. Enjoy!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
16,198 Posts
radiator cover is a must and there are 2 main brands for engine guards...HB bars do seem as though you would get some radiator protection. Aside from that my four favorite farkles are speedys mirror extenders, peg lowering kit, givi windscreen and heated grips. Enjoy!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

+1 on the H/B Crash Bars i got hit by a car and they took the blow and did a great job..Same bars in the photo that got hit by the car. Just scraped up a bit.

Untitled by weljo2001, on Flickr

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just picked up an '09 V a few weeks ago myself. I've been looking at these frame sliders on ebay. They're inexpensive and come from China. I'm wondering if they'd be any good or not.

Anybody here ever tried them?

·
Premium Member
16,198 Posts
Just picked up an '09 V a few weeks ago myself. I've been looking at these frame sliders on ebay. They're inexpensive and come from China. I'm wondering if they'd be any good or not.

Anybody here ever tried them?

Those look good...I've bought several items off of ebay that comes from china and i'm happy with them.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Best first upgrade to protect your bike (and you)? New horn, hands down. Nothing says "GET BACK IN YOUR LANE" like 139db of angry Stebel.

·
Premium Member
16,198 Posts
Best first upgrade to protect your bike (and you)? New horn, hands down. Nothing says "GET BACK IN YOUR LANE" like 139db of angry Stebel.
+1

1 - 17 of 17 Posts