Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Got it today for $5300 from a local guy with 7,500 miles. Bikes in great shape, a little dirty but otherwise stellar. Price was a bit high, but he had added a Sargent seat, Puig windshield, engine guards, and a centerstand- so, not bad!

Of course, it's raining so there goes riding weather. However I rode it 20 minutes home, already big improvement over my previous Suzuki SV650S. I can feel my knees after riding! Bike is surprisingly nimble, and the gyroscopic effect of the engine is weird while waiting at a light.

Question: clutch engages pretty far out on the throw. I guess I should go through and adjust clutch cable, throttle cable... any other 'set-up' stuff I should go through?

I don't forsee any mods really, other than maybe a Thermo-bob? Read some pretty controversial threads about it, doesn't seem like that big of a deal and worth the money (if all the claims and data are accurate). BoosterPlug just seems gimicky to me.

·
Premium Member
16,190 Posts
:welcome:

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
Got it today for $5300 from a local guy with 7,500 miles. Bikes in great shape, a little dirty but otherwise stellar. Price was a bit high, but he had added a Sargent seat, Puig windshield, engine guards, and a centerstand- so, not bad!

Of course, it's raining so there goes riding weather. However I rode it 20 minutes home, already big improvement over my previous Suzuki SV650S. I can feel my knees after riding! Bike is surprisingly nimble, and the gyroscopic effect of the engine is weird while waiting at a light.

Question: clutch engages pretty far out on the throw. I guess I should go through and adjust clutch cable, throttle cable... any other 'set-up' stuff I should go through?

I don't forsee any mods really, other than maybe a Thermo-bob? Read some pretty controversial threads about it, doesn't seem like that big of a deal and worth the money (if all the claims and data are accurate). BoosterPlug just seems gimicky to me.
I am a firm believer of the T Bob, I have something no other Versys own could possibly have , a #4 for snow bikes, can't be sold to the public due to liability , as my T Bob is higher than the rad, the fear is a air lock , someone not purging properly and boom the motor overheats on the first install.I have several version in this thread, my bike comes up to temperature in half the normal time and stays there, even at freezing temperatures. Only difference is when I am running at 70 MPH with 0'C, the air over the motor has a tendency to cool the engine from the outside, however engine coolant is still at 190'F.

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/74-how-forum/122170-thermo-bob-2015-older-info-install.html

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Hiya folks. Here's my obligatory first post!
What color???? Ya got us all in suspenders!!! Lol.

Welcome abord.

Gyro effect??? Please explain what you mean. That sounds more like a BMW GS with the pancake motor.

I am wondering if what you are feeling is the gas in the tank sloshing??? 5 plus gallons is quite a bit of mass moving around when you come to a stop. I noticed a funny feeling at stop lights when I first got my 2015 V-650 but after a couple of stops I realized it was the gas sloshing around.

You can verify if after a couple of minutes the "gyro effect" feeling goes away as the gas settles down.

Good luck with the new ride and as always ride safe.

Cheers mate.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey and welcome! I just bought my Versys today as well. I picked up a 2106 650 LT. Looks like we share a Versys birthday!
Bikes don't like birthday cake right? How about an oil filter ?

What color???? Ya got us all in suspenders!!! Lol.

Gyro effect??? Please explain what you mean. That sounds more like a BMW GS with the pancake motor.
Attached, got the white with the red spring, black bottom... hnnnggggg!

And I'll have to test that out. Tank is high up for sure, and she is full. But just felt like there was some oscillation left to right moving the bike when at a stand still. I figured it was an inline 2 thing, but your gas tank theory is probably correct.

-------

People weren't kidding when they say this is a tall person bike, I'm 6' 1" and I was having a hard time finding the ground when I'd come to a stop haha.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts