Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a week in the Pyrenees on the Versys 1000. The kawasaki hard luggage turned up in my dealers the week before - just in time! The bike was good overall on the trip - the luggage is large in is secure. Good grip on all surfaces we drove. I've read of front wheel vague-ness reports - I found none of that - the only time the front wheel was vague was under the hardest acceleration possible on a motorway and it was fun "feedback". Neck is still sore - I see the Givi screen is out now so I think I will be getting one unless anyone has a better suggestion????? The range calculator is a joke - do not trust it - go by the trip computer and the gauge - when it starts flashing you have approx 2-3 litres left. Now I just have to wash the dead bugs off it......
cheers :)

·
Registered
716 Posts
Nice! How about some pics of your V1000 in those mountains? I remember driving a very curvy road through the Pyrenees in a snowstorm once. I'm sure you had more fun than I did that night. Was your neck sore from the riding position, Buffeting, or what? :cheers:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Great bike. After two weeks with my 650, the versys line is a great all round bike. What rots me is the people on s10s and bmws calling my bike ugly. Ha ha. Look in the mirror. I'm adding the givi windscreen too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
very cool!! nice bike and all :)

a friend of mine and I are going to the Pyrenees this summer, planning to do the full N-260 road (I think that's the number).
entering France from the east, we'll cross it in the middle (Lyon - Bordeaux) going to Pamplona before doing the mountains.
then we'll ride the riviera west to east, probably getting heat strokes, on the way back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts