Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all:

I'm a long time student of motorcycling. I have a KLR which is a wonderful bike and an old cruiser. Both are fantastic in their own ways; although, I always wanted a parallel twin. So, I'm here to do a bit of research on the Versys. I look forward to posting. :thumb:

Best regards,

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If their happens to be any threads that compares a KLR to a Versys could someone be so kind to direct me to it? Thanks.

Best regards,

·
Premium Member
16,191 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
If their happens to be any threads that compares a KLR to a Versys could someone be so kind to direct me to it? Thanks.

Best regards,
Well comparing the Versys to the KLR is like comparing a Ford Ranger to a F-250 :eek: Sure they are both pick-up trucks, but are worlds apart in capabilities and characteristics. Not a real fair comparison for either bike. My .02 cents: The KLR is a dirtbike with road manners, and the Versys (Gen 1 & 2 anyways) is a roadbike with dirt manners.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Good to have you on board, brother. What year KLR do you have?

Many of us came from the Milk Crate Mafia. I sometimes miss the simplicity of the KLR.
At about 34,000 miles, I was getting it just about the way I wanted it... :blah:

and then someone offered to buy it and it was gone..

·
Super Moderator
19,433 Posts

Best regards,
A HUGE number of us came here FROM the KLR, so - BASICALLY all the threads will have a bearing on V vs KLR...!

:rolleyes:

:welcome:

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Unstable Rider was born on a KLR, and he's also a street fighter builder and expert graphic web artist.

I still have a 1997 BMW F650 ST, and I think it is the best BMW has made, having owned their R's and a big K bike: but I don't know if I'll go back to it any time soon (it's been sitting a while.)

The Vs. 650 is the ONLY upright sitting supermoto tourer with a midrange cam in it. That's a mouth-full of engineering, options, and fun. And it's probably cheaper than a KLR too.

Just drive safe, and you'll be happy!

·
Registered
739 Posts
You are kind sir (and clearly have been drinking... :clap:

Stolen from my parents by gypsies on KLR's... yes. I miss the gypsies dearly...

My tech ability.... uh, I need help to set the clock on my Vers...

Being mostly nuts, I just see some things (and hear voices) and that translates into my "web art" :D

thanks brother.

Unstable Rider was born on a KLR, and he's also a street fighter builder and expert graphic web artist.

I still have a 1997 BMW F650 ST, and I think it is the best BMW has made, having owned their R's and a big K bike: but I don't know if I'll go back to it any time soon (it's been sitting a while.)

The Vs. 650 is the ONLY upright sitting supermoto tourer with a midrange cam in it. That's a mouth-full of engineering, options, and fun. And it's probably cheaper than a KLR too.

Just drive safe, and you'll be happy!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts