Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For a Florida Boy -15 is just stupid cold! And no I don't plan to go for a ride today! :eek: My little Civic is frozen solid and I had to get the charger out to even get it to start. Of course it's the factory battery in a 2006! I ended up calling in today and will go looking for a battery I guess. I do plan to clean the crud off the posts and have it checked before I toss down a wad of cash. I had the oil changed and wouldn't put it past them to have slopped 30w in rather than the right stuff.

Thankfully the weatherman says it should start warm up tomorrow, yesterday the HIGH was -6. :mad:

I was in Tampa for Christmas and it was 85...what was I thinking coming back up here to freeze to death? Anyone from Florida, or other warm places, gives me any crap over over this and I drive down and "poke ya in the eye" as a guy at work says. :mad:

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
624 sqft cabin -38 and 4ft of snow. I put one shell in the cylinder and spin it! :eek:

Ha! Ha! Cabin fever my friend! ;) You are not alone. . . .

·
Registered
191 Posts
Oh I feel your pain...-36 with windchill factor felt like -49 yesterday. The days are getting longer now....have faith...it will warm up eventually! LOL!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I just had to buy a battery for my car wouldn't even crank over. It just keeps getting better. Well I guess I should have known this would happen.

·
Banned
895 Posts
I just had to buy a battery for my car wouldn't even crank over. It just keeps getting better. Well I guess I should have known this would happen.
Daft question mate, but did the battery come ready charged??(they don't usually!)

It's a balmy 8'f here today so I guess we're lucky.........................

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
It was 21 degrees in Panama City, FL last night and I've been repairing burst PVC pipes into and out of the house's external water softener for the past three hours. High today is 32 so I've got a heat lamp on the newly glued PVC connections for 30 or 40 minutes hoping it all sets up and we once again have running water,

·
Registered
182 Posts
Not to start a long environmental debate but the phrase that fits when your up there where it's -34 degrees, "Global warming my ass!!!!!"

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Daft question mate, but did the battery come ready charged??(they don't usually!)

It's a balmy 8'f here today so I guess we're lucky.........................
I was talking about the one in the car. The new one starts just fine. I bought a cheapy only $125.00! BUT I paid more one the one in the KLR so I guess I shouldn't cry.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
For a Florida Boy -15 is just stupid cold! And no I don't plan to go for a ride today! :eek: My little Civic is frozen solid and I had to get the charger out to even get it to start. Of course it's the factory battery in a 2006! I ended up calling in today and will go looking for a battery I guess. I do plan to clean the crud off the posts and have it checked before I toss down a wad of cash. I had the oil changed and wouldn't put it past them to have slopped 30w in rather than the right stuff.

Thankfully the weatherman says it should start warm up tomorrow, yesterday the HIGH was -6. :mad:

I was in Tampa for Christmas and it was 85...what was I thinking coming back up here to freeze to death? Anyone from Florida, or other warm places, gives me any crap over over this and I drive down and "poke ya in the eye" as a guy at work says. :mad:
Wimp! The daily high, peak temp., here is -16C and the night time low is -36C. Did I mention snow or wind chill? You guys in Florida have it so hard in winter. :p

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Some cold temps you guys get over there, NZ coldest ever temp was -25C in 1903 in central otago, same place ive been a couple of times for a bike rally in middle of winter called the brass monkey. About as cold as it gets where I live would be a -6 celcius in a hard frost.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know 85's a hard life BUT someone gotta do it.

And do you know HOW many Hockey play we lose to drowning every year in Florida? ;)

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I fixed FB-111s at Plattsburgh AFB for three winters back in the early 80's. I know what real cold is.

·
Super Moderator
19,006 Posts
Oh I feel your pain...-36 with windchill factor felt like -49 yesterday. The days are getting longer now....have faith...it will warm up eventually! LOL!
" The days are getting longer now....have faith... " Yah Barb - MORE time at -1,000,000!

I fixed FB-111s at Plattsburgh AFB for three winters back in the early 80's. I know what real cold is.
I'll see your 'Plattsburg' and raise you the winter of '67 - '68 at Camp Borden north of Toronto.

At PFS (Primary Flying School) w/ the worst winter in memory, we'd do our 'walk-around' in the hangar, get strapped-in, then be towed outside for an ALMOST immediate start!

I believe I'd ALSO raise you... CFB Moose Jaw (Advanced Flying School - T-33s) winter of '68 - '69. Sitting in a T-bird at -40, canopy open (OF COURSE!) waiting for the corporal to come out w/ the 'cart' to start you, the wind HOWLING down the flight-line and right across your chin, protected ONLY by your collar being up....

Those were the days alright....
:censored:

·
Registered
549 Posts
OHH I'm freezing here in my shorts and t-shirt and flip-flops at 11:30 pm at night. Its only 46 degrees F or for people who don't know 6 degrees C. Wish it would rain just so I could go play on the dirt bikes :( Just have to love sunny California. :)

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Deep cold here too, snow piled so high around the driveway that I have nowhere left to put it.

BUT, by my calculations, I should have the V back on the road in 68 DAYS! :goodidea:

There is always a bright side...:yeahsmile:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts