Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got my Versys two weeks ago after looking for eather a wee strom or V for six months. My first bikes were yamahas, a DS7 and then a 500. (EX500?) after the yammis it was on to the power era. a Suzuki 1000 and then a 1100G. What a motor! Now I'm in a kawi era. A KLR 650 fun but no power and finally my Versys. A great all a rounder. enough power, able to handle a dirt road, and maneuverable in small spaces. I think I'll be happy for awhile! My brother (who owns a green KLR650 ) clams when they come out with a green versys it will be faster than the rest of the colors.:)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Welcome! What made you choose the Versys over the Wee Strom? I'm interested in hearing what set your mind.

Skeezix

·
Registered
440 Posts
Welcome!

Nice country up there. A little too cold for my blood, but beautiful none the less.

You will enjoy your new scoot!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I have offended any one with the phrase "Jap bike" I apologize. Is "Rice Grinder" OK? I am referring to a bike not a person. By the way I am Polish. If any one wants to rib me about it let er rip! Hopefully we are all here to share a common thread, the mighty V. It's the Harley 105th anniversary here and you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a H-D. Whoops! sorry any cat owners.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Hi Peebles,

'Jap Bike' has become such a common term that we tend to forget the first part of the phrase. Rice Grinder is a lot better. I'm not Japanese or Asian - but I feel we need to be looking out for each other and try to be open and considerate of all forum members. This is the Internet and people from all over the world read these things. We have to think globally.

About the HD riders - that is what's going on! Ok - I thought all the HDs would be in the garage and stored for the winter by now. It's a special occasion and we can hold out on the winter storage for a few more days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts