Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at buying a motorcycle jack, but with the muffler running under the bike, how do you jack this thing up?

·
Registered
596 Posts
Thanks, I have a paddock stand but where the spool screws in broke off.
Ugh. They do make stands that work by lifting from the bottom of the swingarm instead of spools. I have a Pitbull stand that converts to use either the bottom of the swingarm or spools. Maybe a good shop could weld the tab for the spool back on? Might be easier to get a new stand, not sure!

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess I'll have to get one of those. One of the other reasons I wanted to lift if was because I bought my bike lowered and I was thinking about putting the forks back and taking the lowered block off.

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts
In the photo below. You see the silver plastic between the foot peg and shock. On both sides that can be removed and a hole runs through that you can put a piece of pipe through than lift with a hoist to get it off the ground.....

IMG_0766 by weljo2001, on Flickr

·
Registered
286 Posts
i have an swmotech skidplate and I use a motorcycle type jack under it to raise the front of the bike. works good--------

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i have an swmotech skidplate and I use a motorcycle type jack under it to raise the front of the bike. works good--------
Great! I have a SW Motech skidplate also, I wasn't sure if it would hold the weight of the bike.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts