Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm stuck...And was hoping if someone has experience with one of these:

Both have fantastic sound (as far one can qualify sound based on a youtube film, created by a cell phone with "excellent" sound recording abilities) and are reasonably priced (around €300 - €400). I know that the Mivv has EG-approval, needed whenever one goes roaming in Germany with the idea of bringing the exhaust in it's original state back home :grinangel:, not sure if the IXIL has one.

I'm curious for your opinions and/or suggestions.

·
Premium Member
16,147 Posts
To be honest.....The only reason to get an aftermarket exhaust is for weight loss, looks and sound...Anything besides that and its a waste of money. I went with the Yoshi Carbon Fibre on my 09. If i had to do it over again i would have just left it stock....

IMG_0752 by weljo2001, on Flickr

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why would you left it stock whenever you could do it all again?
I was also wondering, how about the lambda sensor? Can it easily be disconnected and reconnected to a aftermarket link pipe?

·
Super Moderator
19,141 Posts
Why would you left it stock whenever you could do it all again?
I was also wondering, how about the lambda sensor? Can it easily be disconnected and reconnected to a aftermarket link pipe?
I've left all THREE of my V mufflers stock. I don't see any reason to make more noise, the power is MORE than adequate, and saving a 'few' pounds...? Have a good "dump" before you ride.

...I was also wondering, how about the lambda sensor? Can it easily be disconnected and reconnected to a aftermarket link pipe?
Yes to your question; AS LONG AS the new system has the welded 'bung' to attach it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, here I am... Stubborn as hell, but with the very profitable GBP at the moment, I've treated myself with a Mivv Ghibli from Ebay :)

·
Registered
445 Posts
I've left all THREE of my V mufflers stock. I don't see any reason to make more noise, the power is MORE than adequate, and saving a 'few' pounds...? Have a good "dump" before you ride.

What are you trying to do Eddie, rival Weljo for the Too Much Information award?? This one is my grin for the day.:laugh2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts