Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
that's one cool looking and sounding muffler...not a bad price either...makes my choice a little harder now..as i WAS set on a LeoVince SBK...i wonder if i'll need a PowerCommander to go with it (also on my list)..or if it's a total "slip on"...:D

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Cool looking exhaust. Does it have a decibel killer you can put in or take out?
yes...watch that video above...they run the muffler with and without the decibel killers...i haven't heard a Muzzy system..so i don't know how loud that is..or if it's with or without the d.k....the video didn't sound excessively loud with the d.k...without LOUD...
some of the so-called slip on mufflers i have seen on youtube cause a lot of pops and backfires on deceleration..which the power commander can cure (common knowledge i know)...the information i found on this muffler didn't include that information..which is why i asked...
i would be interested in knowing if i'll have to repack this baby if i DO use the d.k....

·
Registered
638 Posts
I'm plannng on getting one in the near future, but was going to do the slip on that is a single, similar to the OEM or all the other aftermarket models. the shop I favor said to go with one of these since they are legal if you leave the DK in, and I should not need to put on a PC. I was interested in the Two Bros, but was told you should really get their juice box or a PC. I believe it was WelJo who recently commented that he was using a Yoshi and said he solved the backfiring problem with the??? air filter. I do not know if he did other mods though.

·
Registered
638 Posts
BTW, the first time I read about these it seemed that the twin tube model was real PRICEEEEY. But I have recently been on line to the Misano Moto Imports site and it looks like all the models are under $370.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Check out Akropovic as well, I just did a post on it with video, though Delkevic is probably cheaper and might be the same as far as hp/torque gains and DB. I haven't really compared the two. The Delkevic sure does sound nice.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yea my son has the IXIL on his sv650, it sounds better on the vtwin than our parallel twin. But it did sound pretty good though, I likey...

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
IXIL's is similar to Laser X-Treme... I don't like the dual silencer systems.

I'll have to get an audio clip of my custom Magnaflow silencer with Yoshimura outlet, on Muzzy header some time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts