Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a green 2009 about a week ago which is my third motorcycle and the fifth in the family. My wife and I both previously owned H-D Sportsters that we bought brand new and recently sold. Mine was a 2003 Anniversary and her's a 2005 Low. The were both beautiful bikes and I enjoyed the H-D history behind them, but wanted something more refined for light touring. I was loathe to spend at least 15k on a big twin that I didn't even like the styling of that much.

I also spent some time at the BMW dealership, but again wasn't crazy about the price tag. (GS 1200 someday, right!) I've always been tempted by the dirt cheap price of the KLR650 as well as the Kawi engineering. After taking a look at what I really wanted to be able to do the absolute best value/performance could only be found in the Versys.

So far 111 miles. I don't think I ever enjoyed riding one of the Harley's as much. I just want to get on it and go somewhere. My brother laughed when he first saw the Versys as he said it is pretty much a modern Sportster. Tall, mid-controls, wider handlebars. I'd have to agree.

This is an awesome site and was really a compelling reason why I felt so comfortable buying the Versys. Thanks!

·
Registered
875 Posts
:welcome: I'm green too...but from Canada...the bike is a blast...just broke through the 500k barrier yesterday....6 grand shifting is a hoot...it pulls nicely...needed a seat mod. for my old butt...but other than that yyyeeehhhaaaa:welcome:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts