Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after almost 4 years on my two different Versys I find myself moving on to a Triumph Tiger 1050. My Green friend has found itself a new home in Colorado so all is well there.

On one hand I feel like a deserter and on the other I feel myself excited with anticipation of new adventures with my new found friend.

Folks here are a great bunch and I will be checking in occasionally, but the time has come so I will say my adues. Like McArthur, I'll just slowly fade into history................

Take care my friends.

·
Registered
257 Posts
A nice choice, enjoy your new ride! There's an orange Tiger SE at my local dealer that's been calling my name.

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Beautiful machine. Enjoy and tell us :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:about it now and then.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Enjoyed your contributions here, Don, very much. I am feeling the pull of the British brand as well...could be a Trophy in my future. Enjoy that 1050...love that motor!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Thank you for all your contributions!

That is a beautiful bike and is what I would get as well but than my little V goes through a sweeper or s turn at xx and I think I don't need that gorgeous Triumph. :cheers:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hate to see you leave. But happy for you on your new ride. Enjoy !!!!

·
Premium Member
16,216 Posts
Adios Amigo

·
Registered
944 Posts
First, congrats on the new bike, very nice! :thumb:
But I gotta ask, given how you announced the desire to sell the V-
"At 67, it's time for me to slow down a little so I'm selling my Versys."
was that intentionally misleading or did you actually have a change of heart?
One thing is obvious, you won't be "slowing down" much on that thing! :goodluck:

·
Registered
82 Posts
The Tiger 1050 would be my choice to replace the Versys too. Color me jealous. Enjoy the new ride!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Whoa Don! Say it aint so!!! Didn't you post a week or so ago that your Green V was for sale since you thought it was time to slow down! That Tiger sure doesn't look like you are slowing down IMHO!:yeahsmile:

Enjoy the ride.....

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
First, congrats on the new bike, very nice! :thumb:
But I gotta ask, given how you announced the desire to sell the V-
"At 67, it's time for me to slow down a little so I'm selling my Versys."
was that intentionally misleading or did you actually have a change of heart?
One thing is obvious, you won't be "slowing down" much on that thing! :goodluck:
I had seriously considered slowing down and getting off bikes entirely and then this beautiful thing showed me the error my ways.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
I love the new ride! Be safe, Farewell. You are always welcome here even if you don't own your V anymore! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Don

I'm looking for an upgrade on my V. Although I really like what I have and meets 90% of my needs. I'm want to spend more time riding two up with my wife and I feel my current ride does not cut it for multiday, multistate rides. I would like to waitfor the Versys 1000 but patience is not one of my virtues.

Is the Tiger 1050 an option I should look into?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts