Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Nice, Uncle Buck; thanks for sharing. Having spent quite a bit of time in the wonderful little city of Washington, south of Pittsburgh, I suggest that Pittsburghese is more dialect than accent. Carry a dictionary (and a towel to mop up after lunch at Primanti Bros.) and ride on ...

Aside from Dahntahn, you are blessed with some of the nicest motorcycle roads in the East. Scenic loops to "Hi-eh-pile" State Park, Laurel Highlands, Uniontown, Morgantown and Wheeling, WV, are entertaining on a Versys.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice, Uncle Buck; thanks for sharing. Having spent quite a bit of time in the wonderful little city of Washington, south of Pittsburgh, I suggest that Pittsburghese is more dialect than accent. Carry a dictionary (and a towel to mop up after lunch at Primanti Bros.) and ride on ...

Aside from Dahntahn, you are blessed with some of the nicest motorcycle roads in the East. Scenic loops to "Hi-eh-pile" State Park, Laurel Highlands, Uniontown, Morgantown and Wheeling, WV, are entertaining on a Versys.
Ya know that is what a lot of people around here thought as well. It's not an accent but more dialect. But if you are in the area and happen to listen to Pittsburgh radio talk shows, especially sports radio you'll hear a distinctive sound. There is a fellow who does sort of a spinoff of a yinzer named "Pittsburgh Dad" which epitomizes the Pittsburgh accent:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o255ZQkqhMw

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I work on da sout side o Chicaga, & even though I was born here I feel like a visitor from a distant lost island. Get the crap out of your mouth & enunciate.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I work on da sout side o Chicaga, & even though I was born here I feel like a visitor from a distant lost island. Get the crap out of your mouth & enunciate.
Difficult to enunciate during, and following, a Primanti Bros. lunch! Rode south of Chicago yesterday on way from Minneapolis to Shipshewana, IN. You have quite a commute from Pittsburgh.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
We have our own eateries that are claimed to be the best anywhere.
My wife has a lot of family in St. Paul & whenever I come home I think I need to fire up the wood chipper. Going a little Fargo??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts