Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As in versatile and system. Guys at work that have exotic Italian/Austrian motorcycles and always correct me if I mispronounce Akrapovic (impossible) or Termignoni and then ask me if I rode my "Ver-sees" to work.:)

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Nobody can even figure out that its a Kawi. I dont ever expect them to know the bikes name...

·
Registered
720 Posts
a rose by any other name still smells the same

·
Registered
354 Posts
As in versatile and system. Guys at work that have exotic Italian/Austrian motorcycles and always correct me if I mispronounce Akrapovic (impossible) or Termignoni and then ask me if I rode my "Ver-sees" to work.:)
AH crop ah vick

ter mig YAWN nee

ver SIS

Correct?

·
Banned
895 Posts
When people ask what a Versys is,(probably not the best name the Japs coulda come up with!) I tell them it was Bike of the Year USA 2010 & it's the best selling 650 in the UK......that usually steers them towards knowing nods & more appreciative looks!

My GF calls it The Black Hornet because it does look like one from the front, & when she's following me on her trundle machine (Shadow 750) she can see it's antenna (mirrors) sticking out at shoulder level.
(shame that Honda stole the Hornet name 1st!)

·
Registered
90 Posts
When people ask me what it is I tell them it's the new Harley Davidson Tall Boy Terra Glide.

More importantly what is the plural of Versys? Versyses, Versies, Veersys?

·
Super Moderator
19,462 Posts
When people ask what a Versys is,(probably not the best name the Japs coulda come up with!) I tell them it was Bike of the Year USA 2010 & it's the best selling 650 in the UK....
Matter of fact - Versys was Motorcyclist Magazine's MOTY in 2008.

·
Banned
895 Posts
1/When people ask me what it is I tell them it's the new Harley Davidson Tall Boy Terra Glide.

2/More importantly what is the plural of Versys? Versyses, Versies, Veersys?
1/ Wash your mouth out with soap & water!!!!How could you compare a motorbike that does everything well & doesn't look like A Tart's Handbag to those 2 wheeled tractors!?!?!;)

2/ Plural is a coupla Versys or a few Versys or lotsa Versys!!!:thanx:

:devil:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts