Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So against my Wife's wishes i took the motorcycle safety class, took and passed my road test and now purchased a 2009 Versys (she's blue) with 1700 mi. The wife wasn't happy and i felt terrible, but i needed this Versys in my life. The Wife has since accepted my new friend. I just ordered a Delkevic exhaust which i hope arrives by the weekend.
I was instantly attracted to the Versys bc of it's sitting positing, i'm 6'3 and she sits nice and high, the electric blue color was really sexy as well.
Thats about it for my 2nd post.
:hia:

·
Premium Member
16,143 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
:welcome: Steve from North, NJ. Wives can be a bit tiresome at times, can't they? Still, we can't seem to do without them. :thumb:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can't live with them, can't live without...blah blah blah
so i've been getting a bit more comfortable on my V, i have yet to get on a major hwy although yesterday i unintentionally broke 70mph, which felt fantastic.
Like i said, i ordered a Delkevic exhaust, i really don't know much about this company but what a friendly group they have over there, i requested a suggestion based on what i was looking for via email, they replied within a couple of hours and we've h ad correspondence about 3 times so far. I am hoping the exhaust is as good....

·
Registered
285 Posts
So against my Wife's wishes i took the motorcycle safety class, took and passed my road test and now purchased a 2009 Versys (she's blue) with 1700 mi. The wife wasn't happy and i felt terrible, but i needed this Versys in my life. The Wife has since accepted my new friend. I just ordered a Delkevic exhaust which i hope arrives by the weekend.
I was instantly attracted to the Versys bc of it's sitting positing, i'm 6'3 and she sits nice and high, the electric blue color was really sexy as well.
Thats about it for my 2nd post.
:hia:

Congrats! I, too am in Bergen County, North Jersey. My wife was also dead against my getting a moto license and a bike. But she not only came around, now she rides two up with me, not on my V but on my Piaggio mp3 500.

Anyway, maybe we can ride together to Bear Mtn or to some state park in NJ. Lastly, if you're interested in group riding checkout, google North Jersey Motorcycle Group in meetup.com. We go on weekend rides all over.

Ride safely!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Welcome from another New Jersian! You guys need to get your wives wanting to learn how to ride! Easier said than done, I suppose. There's lots of us women riders!

·
Premium Member
16,143 Posts
Can't live with them, can't live without...blah blah blah
so i've been getting a bit more comfortable on my V, i have yet to get on a major hwy although yesterday i unintentionally broke 70mph, which felt fantastic.
Like i said, i ordered a Delkevic exhaust, i really don't know much about this company but what a friendly group they have over there, i requested a suggestion based on what i was looking for via email, they replied within a couple of hours and we've h ad correspondence about 3 times so far. I am hoping the exhaust is as good....

Delkevic is great to do business with i got some SS Headers from them for the Versys.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nov4T8fbxYE&list=TLdnZNDEfXCEKxyyZxMmQsT5_m3bkEZDjA .Then Some Mini 8" Slip-Ons for the FJR.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FluOcMhvtuI .I had to take the pipes off the FJR and rounded off one of the clamps bolt head. Called them to order a new clamp and they sent me 2 new clamps for free.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Wellcome! At 6' 3" your first upgrades should be seat concepts seat, foot peg lowering link and handlebar raiser (antivibration) from speedy motoworks. Also parabellum makes nice tall screen for tall people like us.

It will be best 600$ you will spend on the bike , trust me ;) exhaust can wait imho. By the way i am your neighbor New Yorker
Cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wellcome! At 6' 3" your first upgrades should be seat concepts seat, foot peg lowering link and handlebar raiser (antivibration) from speedy motoworks. Also parabellum makes nice tall screen for tall people like us.

It will be best 600$ you will spend on the bike , trust me ;) exhaust can wait imho. By the way i am your neighbor New Yorker
Cheers
My sitting position is actually ok, then again i have not ridden more than an hour at a clip, maybe i'll be in for some discomfort on longer trips.
The exhaust was/is a welcomed addition, she now has a wonderful growl, i really like it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Delkevic is great to do business with i got some SS Headers from them for the Versys.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nov4T8fbxYE&list=TLdnZNDEfXCEKxyyZxMmQsT5_m3bkEZDjA .Then Some Mini 8" Slip-Ons for the FJR.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FluOcMhvtuI .I had to take the pipes off the FJR and rounded off one of the clamps bolt head. Called them to order a new clamp and they sent me 2 new clamps for free.
yeah man, what a good group over there, i will be more than willing to refer and use them going fwd, the exhaust fits great and went on rather seamlessly. What a great growl she has now, and she seems more peppy too.
My one my friends heard her and was super impressed.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts