Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sick as a dog, a touch of food positioning I think, but rode 45 miles down on my Buell to pick up the Versys today. It is kind of cold, 45 and very windy. I bundled up and off I went. I hated to trade in the Buell but my knees hate it worse and it sits in the garage most of the time and I knew it was time to let it go.

It was a good contrast between the Buell, KLR and Versys. Both the Buell and Versys more or less ignored the wind, 30-40 MPH gust. BUT the KLR would have been a real hand full. The Versys seem to handle closer to the KLR than the all out aggressiveness of the Buell, not a bad thing. Both the KLR and Versys have much larger cockpits than the Buell which is tiny.

Even keeping the PRMs under 4 grand I can tell the Versys is much more willing to rev than the KLR but lack the brute force of the Buell.

I think the brakes on the Versys are better than both of the other bikes. More powerful then the KLR but better balance front to rear than the Buell.

The mirror are equal on all three of them…useless, all I can see are my shoulders. And windshields seem about then same on the Versys and KLR, not one on the Buell.

Other than those impressions I’ll need to adjust the bars and controls on the Versys to my liking. It was a short ride less than 50 miles but a good start, I hink I'm going to like this bike.

I get to go back down Saturday and pick up the bags and mounts so I can haul stuff.

Time

·
Premium Member
16,217 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK I drank the Cool Aid and ordered the first Farkle in less than 6 hours from signing the papers. A brake nut thing as the peddle is way to low for my taste.

Do I get a Gold Star? :p

Now to find the spare battery tender cable and install that.

·
Premium Member
16,217 Posts
OK I drank the Cool Aid and ordered the first Farkle in less than 6 hours from signing the papers. A brake nut thing as the peddle is way to low for my taste.

Do I get a Gold Star? :p

Once it starts it never ends.:yeahsmile:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts