Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After waiting 3 days for the pickup then 6 days for the cross-country truck, it arrived today!!! I did three rides today, each a bit longer and with a bit stronger accelerations, and each followed by a cool down. I believe the stuff about seating the rings and going through the heat cycles. My very first Versys impressions? Good power, good height, pretty good mirrors, really good maneuverability (which is where I think we've got the V-Strom beat), gotta fix that seat, bit of engine heat, fairly stiff ride (I'll check the presets), and a bit of helmet buffeting above 60 mph. I have the feeling that after I mount the giant Givi topbox I'm going to have some difficulty swinging a leg over. First additions after the Givi? Probably a headlight modulator then some PIAA lights for the mountains. Thanks for all the information.

Attachments

·
Registered
440 Posts
Did you buy used? I'm assuming yes because the Versys isn't available in Kalifornia yet. Also, don't used bikes have to have 7500 miles for you to purchase out of state?

I really do envy you being able to lane-split (legally). Luckily there is not much traffic out here.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Congrats!!!

About the PIAA lights, I just bought Optilux driving lights and fog lights for close to nothing ($20 each set) from here www.rallylights.com (no affiliation whatsoever) and mounted them last week-end. It cost me more in wiring and mounting material than the lights but they look pretty good and sturdy. The driving lights are really bright.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.