Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The only thing left to do , at least in the short term, is install a lowering kit and flash the ECU. So far I have added handlebar riser, tank bag, changed the wind screen, changed the mirrors, added a 12V socket for the GPS, installed GIVI engine guards and GIVI Alaska Trekker panniers. Eventually I will probably change the seat.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The only thing left to do , at least in the short term, is install a lowering kit and flash the ECU. So far I have added handlebar riser, tank bag, changed the wind screen, changed the mirrors, added a 12V socket for the GPS, installed GIVI engine guards and GIVI Alaska Trekker panniers. Eventually I will probably change the seat. View attachment 179782
Some more recommended changes:
1. LED bulbs - hi/low and pilot beams.
2. Aux LED lights
3. Chain oiler
4. Shinko 705/F and Motoz Tractionater GPS/R tyres for overall best performance.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Question , rear tire , what size do you have. ? 150/70B 17?
Neither of them :ROFLMAO:

Because, India has restricted entry for ALL imported tyres, regardless of whether the tyre has a competitor in India or not. Just getting back at China for its stupidity in Ladakh and to reduce the import dependency on China.

But, when my exim business friend does get his act going, I am getting the GPS for the rear in 170/60 B17 as the sidewall height of 102 mm (170 x 0.6 = 102) is closer to the stock 160/60 height of 96 mm. The 150/70 sidewall is 105 mm (150 x 0.7=105) and I don't want to lose the higher gearing I got with the 43 tooth rear sprocket change to be nullified by an increased rear tyre height. Plus, the wider profile of the 170 is always welcome.

The TIMSUN 712F for the front is almost identical to the Shinko 705 in compound, profile and tread type (again, a Chinese product and a total ripoff of the Shinko) but much lesser priced AND available in India so I'll get that one for the front.

LED bulb links for Amazon India; should be available in the USA too:

AUTOBAHN LED R6 Customized CSP 70W 12000lm 6000K white Headlight bulb (12V,35W,2 bulbs) (H7): Amazon.in: Car & Motorbike

Osram Retrofit 2780CW-02B0 LED Bulb (12V, 0.5W, 2 Bulbs): Amazon.in: Car & Motorbike

The rubber boot has to cut a bit to make way for the radiator fan shroud.

Pinched two silicone cake moulds from my better half to waterproof the open ends. No issues with heat; the LEDs vent very little hot air as it were.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts