Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an Aerostich Kanetsu electric liner. Thanks to the member who recommended getting a liner with heated sleeves. I recommend getting the thermostat, which is $70. I ordered the liner with the BMW-type connector, then got the BMW socket for it from Touratech. Thanks to the member who recommended them, though the instructions were in German:p I had a shop wire it in for me and it all works very well. Even if Spring has come to OH. StI can ride with just the Kanetsu liner in my Olympia airmesh jacket and it's perfect. I'll get Oxford heated grips for the fall to extend my riding season. Thanks again to the Forum for its advice.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Since you already have a heated liner would suggest heated gloves instead of grips. They work better and just plug into the cuffs of your heated liner. Assuming the Aerostich liner is already wired for gloves. Chances are your AeroStitch liner is either a Gerbings or Warm & Safe liner as they make almost all heated gear regardless of brand. FirstGear (Warm&Safe), Harley Davidson (Gerbings), PowerLet (Warm&Safe), etc. just re-label it and sell it as their own, assuming AeroStitch does the same.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Since you already have a heated liner would suggest heated gloves instead of grips. They work better and just plug into the cuffs of your heated liner.
Nah. Both, though I agree gloves are better for keeping your hands warm.

When it's cold enough I'll use both together. When I wear a one piece rainsuit I can't plug in electric gear, and really appreciate having heated grips.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts