Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out the pronunciation. She says Ver-size not Versys. Sounds kinda classy. Notice how absolutely no information is given here.

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
its because she british. heres what ya need.:D

·
Registered
147 Posts
The Kawasaki dealership I bought mine from also pronounced it like Versailles (ver-sigh) like she did.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I've wondered about this....

I say "Ver-sees." Greg White on the Kawasaki website says "Versus" (as in the Colts versus the Patriots). And now we have "Ver-size," and Ver-sigh." Is there a general consensus? Personal preference? Does it depend on which continent or region you live in? hmmmmmm :cheers:

·
Registered
352 Posts
On occasion the search engines will correct spelling thinking you've mispelled "versus". Anyway you slice it it's still a Kawi .

·
Registered
665 Posts
Know the difference between a meatball and a "brochette"? About $6 on the menu.

I seriously doubt that a Japanese bike would be given a name with French pronunciation.

·
Registered
352 Posts

I seriously doubt that a Japanese bike would be given a name with French pronunciation.
That might be true but there a few members here who like to put Ducati and BMW stickers on their bikes....what's up with that? To each their own.

·
Registered
628 Posts
She obviously did not do any research on her Versize. Everyone knows you can not ride them off road.....lol

Hmmmm I wonder how much H.D. tank emblems would set me back?

:joke:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Well the Brits I work with love it when I remove their u's and change esses to zees. And they do say al-a-min-yum instead of ah-loom-mun-num. But they say versatile system pretty much the same as I do. Just be careful when discussing fannies or fags.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Versys is a made up, invented name derived from VERsatile and SYStem, with no definite predetermined proper way of pronounciating. So it's pretty much open and subject to various languages, cultures and accents... But if you relate to its origin, it would be pronounced like in VERsatile and SYStem.

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
Versys is a made up, invented name derived from VERsatile and SYStem, with no definite predetermined proper way of pronounciating. So it's pretty much open and subject to various languages, cultures and accents... But if you relate to its origin, it would be pronounced like in VERsatile and SYStem.
Sounds Like

·
Registered
521 Posts
What's the difference between food and cuisine?
Cuisine is twice the price and half the portion.
:cheers:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts