Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to start my bike today just to see if it would start come spring. It's been in hibernation since mid November. It started without hesitation after a momentary push of the starter button. I had forgotten to add fuel stabilizer back in the fall but no issues with that either. It got me thinking I don't think either of my Versys has ever failed to start, well except due to a run down battery that was not kept charged over the winter.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I always remove my batteries and keep them in the basement during the 'bike hibernation' period (mid Nov thru early Mar) where the temp is kept at around 65 F. From time to time (once every 40 days) I check the charge and as long it's not a beaten up battery, it maintains the same charge all winter long. That's all I do besides adding stabil to tank. Come Spring time, it's been always plug and play.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I always remove my batteries and keep them in the basement during the 'bike hibernation' period (mid Nov thru early Mar) where the temp is kept at around 65 F. From time to time (once every 40 days) I check the charge and as long it's not a beaten up battery, it maintains the same charge all winter long. That's all I do besides adding stabil to tank. Come Spring time, it's been always plug and play.
When I got my bike from the stealership, they included a battery-tender two-prong connector that can connect one up easily. Saves the hassle of having to take out a battery when you can just easily plug it in and float-charge and desulfate it I suppose.

Reactions: quexpress
1 - 5 of 5 Posts