Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read about the Isle of Man TT races but just finished watching one on the Velocity Channel for the first time. That was some insane s&$? How those guys can ride so fast down regular roads just inches away from rock walls is amazing. I have read about the high number of deaths associated with this race and now I can see why. No gravel traps or barricades like a regular race track, just everyday roadside obstacles at speeds of 180 plus. My hats off to anyone who has the skills and balls to race that. if you have never watched one I highly recommend it as you will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I follow it every year and love watching. Sadly they've lost two riders this year including Karl Harris, a BSB rider.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I like the videos better than the tv coverage .For some reason I do not like the rear camera shots. I like to see where they are going.lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
Beautiful countryside, insane speeds. What an amazing race.
Has anyone found a good place online to follow this year's race. All I can find is videos from previous years. I don't have access to any cable tv.

·
Super Moderator
18,952 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Right. And no one in the US will be able to understand a word he says. :D;)
Guy Martin, speaks perfect American compared to Michael Dunlop!

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
I've gone faster on my dragbike (way-back-when), but it did NOT look near as fast as THAT!

Call me "sloweddie"....
Ive taken a ZX14 to just under 300kph but not around stone walls, that 213kph is the average speed so out on the country stretches he would be well over 300 clicks.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I've gone faster on my dragbike (way-back-when), but it did NOT look near as fast as THAT!

Call me "sloweddie"....
132 is the AVERAGE speed for the 37 mile loop. Up in the mtn section they are topping out at over 180, and not just in a straight line. The tv helicopters take off at the start of the high speed sections trying to get a lead (tops out at 130mph) but gets passed like nothing!

There are a few hairpins on course with speeds as low as 20mph.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts