Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dumped the Bridgestones for a set of Michelin Pilot Road 4s, I'd use many sets of PR2 in the past and like them so I thought I'd join the 20th century. :wink2: And while the bike was up on the stands I had a good go with the soapy water, rags, cleaners and wax. I'd been offered a fair amount by a dealer (not my dealer but one I stop in every once in awhile) on a 2017 650 Versys and I'd been thinking about it BUT my 2012 looks so spiffy and shiny that I couldn't trade it now. :grin2:

Anyway I need a new car and I'm going to order a Subaru Crosstrek next month, they can't take an order until then on the new 2018. Nice thing is for a little baby SUV it will tow a 1,500 load, I don't know of any others in this class that will, and I was gifted a folding motorcycle trailer so I need a car that'll tow it.

It looks like LED headlight would be a major PITA to get in as there isn't much room in the little headlight fairing. So I think I pick some SilverStars as I've used them and they are much brighter than stock.

Next up is a set of Spiegler SS brake lines. :thumb:

Mark

·
Super Moderator
19,602 Posts
FWIW - ever since I picked up the '08 V in Sept, '08, on the advice of their mechanic I've run 36F and 42R, on ALL my bikes, all my tires, and that includes full-knobbies...!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I run 36 rear, 32 front and it works for me. BUT I will change to meet the situation as needed. The few times I've on dirt I lower the psi and when I haul a heavier load I pumped them up a bit more, mainly the rear.

I fine too little and the bike wallows like a pig and too much and it'll skate as the tires will chatter in the turns on rough back roads I run. You need to play around a bit to find what work best for you. A good gage and a notebook and track your changes so you can "Home In" and you'll get there in a week or so...until the weather changes then it be add or bleed to get back in the groove.

·
Super Moderator
19,602 Posts
I run 36 rear, 32 front and it works for me. BUT I will change to meet the situation as needed. The few times I've on dirt I lower the psi and when I haul a heavier load I pumped them up a bit more, mainly the rear.

I fine too little and the bike wallows like a pig and too much and it'll skate as the tires will chatter in the turns on rough back roads I run. You need to play around a bit to find what work best for you. A good gage and a notebook and track your changes so you can "Home In" and you'll get there in a week or so...until the weather changes then it be add or bleed to get back in the groove.
"Airing-down" CAN lead to busted wheels. jdrocks rides MUCH dirt/ gravel, runs 36F and 42R like I do, and does NOT air-down.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Got em at about 42r and 36f depending on which gauge I use. My compressor gauge reads different from my other one. Got about 60 miles in on my local twisties this morning and the PR 4's have better grip than the Dunlops. Leaving for Bend, OR next Friday from Indiana so I'll have a better idea on how well they do. Should be around 5k mile trip.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Danm where in SE Indiana are you exactly? Im not too far over into Ohio, just east of Dayton.
You're not near Payne, Ohio are you? I've been through there many times even bought a Parrot from a lady there.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I out on the bike and new tires a few times now, more that enough to scrub them in. They work well, stick good and no surprises. Now to see how many miles they return. I did notice all the little sipes pick up small bit of gravel that I end up picking out after a ride.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I'm in Lawrenceburg just west of Cincy.
Dan and Jack. I'm in Cincinnati. If you guys ever want to try and meet one S or SU, I can come your way, or vice versys. We have a pretty neat Coffee and Cars thing down here on S mornings, and a lot of bikes show up. Then my friend and I either head downtown by the river and next to the Reds stadium for a cold one, or go the other way out to the Quaker Steak for lunch.

·
Registered
638 Posts
It's a place called Fuel Coffee located on 2726 Riverside Dr. (old Eastern Ave.), 45202. It's about 3 miles east of downtown and happens every Saturday there is good weather. I think the official hours are 8 - 12, but I like to make an entrance around 10. Lots of cars and bikes, but the bikes are not being shown off like the some of the cars. Mostly a non HD crowd. If you come into town call me on my cell at 513-706-6042.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts