Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't see one and was looking for more than the owners manual has in it. Any one know where I can find a set-up guide to setting the sag and rebound?

I like the fact that I can set the shifter and brake pedal hights without a bunch of trouble. I rotated the bars a bit and resat the countrols to my liking noe I want to give a shot to the suspension.

One thing makes me wonder WHAT Kawasaki was thinking...no temp gauge??? Even the lowly KLR has that.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I found that right after I posted by Googling it. :rolleyes: I know how I was hoping for some setting numbers to start as I'm a bit lazy at times. Oh well out with the tape and note book.

·
Super Moderator
19,006 Posts
...One thing makes me wonder WHAT Kawasaki was thinking...no temp gauge??? Even the lowly KLR has that.
Probably BECAUSE the KLR has one! The temp on a stock KLR fluctuates back-and-forth (because the system is poorly designed without a bypass) LOTS, which shows the value of the "Thermo-Bob" modification, which hastens warm-up, stopping the fluctuations BECAUSE it IS a bypass.

The "Thermo-Bob" does the same on the Versys, but BECAUSE there's no temp gauge, the problem's NOT as apparent! I've installed THREE - 2 on my Vs, 1 on my KLR. (I'm a believer!) :goodidea:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts