Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and if so is it a Monolock or a Monokey? I want to use the Motech rack and need the mounting plate and need to know what flavor the Kawasaki box is to order the right plate.

And would anyone know what the givi model would be? I'd like the factory box with the color matched panel, if you've ever had one painted to match the Kawasaki's not a bad deal cost wise at all! The factory box and prepainted panel are around $160.00 so not TOO bad.

Time

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
There is a top box from Kawasaki for the 08-09 model. I do not know who makes it. I understand the OEM racks are motech. I have a Givi E450 Simply Monolock. Although the weight capacity is very limited (10#) it fit two standard size full face helmets. You can find it for about $165 on the web. It comes with a universal plate that should fit any mount except the dedicated Givi mount. If you order the Givi mount you have to specify the type of plate. the motech top case mount does not allow th einstallation of side cases in the 08-09 models. The givi top case mount accepts the givi side case mounts and can be used with the OEM mounts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts