Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to paint my Givi windscreen, don´t like it transparent white, would like it to be tinted but still transparent of course. But to no avail in option, can something (paint, chemical, whatever) be done about it?

rgds

nino

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
623 Posts
I knew someone who painted the windows on his pickup truck bed cap and you could see out of them. Besides..you don't really look through the givi screen.

·
Registered
582 Posts
In the model world you take parts, coat them with your color choice and put them in the oven at low heat for a certain amount of time, then remove and clean. The color will transfer. I'm not sure of the particulars but know that it is done.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Take it to a good bodyshop and tell them you want the backside painted with tinted clear. They will dump a little black mixing color into their clear and spray the backside. This will give it a nice tint. We do it all the time at my shop on auto taillights, bug shields, etc. Don't try this yourself at home...........you will most likely have a disaster on your hands. Once you decide to go this route be forewarned, it's not reversable. If they for some reason have problems; lifting, runs, etc, they most likely won't be able to fix it. It's a one time shot.

·
Premium Member
7,782 Posts
Think a dark tint is all you need and its cheap and safe.

painting on windscreen is not reversible.

:cheers:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Think a dark tint is all you need and its cheap and safe.

painting on windscreen is not reversible.

:cheers:
True painting is not reversable, but under some circumstances plastic window tint may not be either. Plastic tint often leaves a glue residue when pulled off. On glass this can be fairly easily cleaned off given the hardness of glass..... but it would be extremely difficult to remove the glue from the plastic screen of the Versys without damaging the screen.

Proceed with caution whatever you do.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
True painting is not reversable, but under some circumstances plastic window tint may not be either. Plastic tint often leaves a glue residue when pulled off. On glass this can be fairly easily cleaned off given the hardness of glass..... but it would be extremely difficult to remove the glue from the plastic screen of the Versys without damaging the screen.

Proceed with caution whatever you do.
Precisely that´s why I asked for help...

Take it to a good bodyshop and tell them you want the backside painted with tinted clear. They will dump a little black mixing color into their clear and spray the backside. This will give it a nice tint. We do it all the time at my shop on auto taillights, bug shields, etc. Don't try this yourself at home...........you will most likely have a disaster on your hands. Once you decide to go this route be forewarned, it's not reversable. If they for some reason have problems; lifting, runs, etc, they most likely won't be able to fix it. It's a one time shot.
When you say bodyshop you mean a car painter ?
This one option seems reasonable

·
Premium Member
7,782 Posts
Precisely that´s why I asked for help...

When you say bodyshop you mean a car painter ?
This one option seems reasonable
When is doubt get profession help. It pays in the end. All we can do is give our thoughts in good will to help a fellow biker. We may or I may be wrong and stand to be corrected,:goodluck:

·
Registered
213 Posts
You can't tint a plastic windshield, it just doesn't stay on there. You can however use transparent paint found in a can at most stores. It usualy doen't turn out well. i suggest you buy a tinted shield and sell the other.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thks guys for all your replies!

unfortunately givi does not have a tainted option. But you gave me lots of options, of course I will look for professional help! to each tree its monkey!

thks again

1 - 15 of 15 Posts