Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just rode from South Florida to Fort Worth. Passing through Shreveport at night, I hit a series of severe bumps on I-20. I'd guess that there were 30 in all. It was like riding over a succession of 2X4s. I guess the problem was pavement heaving of some type, creating vicious bumps that were difficult to see (and anticipate) at night.

Now that I'm in Fort Worth, I noticed that the bike tends to want to drift to the right under braking. When I park the bike and push down on the bars, it seems that the right fork has little resistance, while the left fork still resists being pushed down.

Do you think I broke the right fork spring?

Also, if anyone has recommendations for a bike shop in Fort Worth, preferably on the west side, I'm all ears.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I personally have never heard of it but someone with more knowledge should be along soon..........I've been to DFW but only to visit. Good luck.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yes. However, check something else first...

I just rode from South Florida to Fort Worth. Passing through Shreveport at night, I hit a series of severe bumps on I-20.<snip>
Makes you glad you pay all those federal road taxes, right? :grin2:

ANYTHING with wheels can break anything. Including your wallet. and heart. However, I'd realign my forks first (loosen and retighten the triple trees) - if they got misaligned by the 2x4 O'Death Ride they'll stick and produce a similar result.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
is it possible to brake a fork spring.... yes.. but when you do the fork will sag and have no rebound. it to me sounds more like you might have blown a seal . do you have fork oil leaking out? if so your lucky and its the outer seal if not it could be internals messed up and id get it to a shop if you dont have a pace to work on it yourself

1 - 4 of 4 Posts