Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Yes, but it's also wider so what you gain in lower seating you loose by having your legs spread further apart. It's also like sitting on a brick. I've heard that it "breaks in" after a few thousand miles but I had one on my ST1300 for over 10,000 miles and on my first Versys for 3,000 miles before I replaced the Corbin with the stock seats. They never "broke in" so I sold both of them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I forgot to ask if the Corbin sits you further to the rear? I keep finding myself sitting as far back on the stock seat as possible.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have a Corbin Seat and interestingly enough, it came from the factory noticeably softer compared to Alours Corbin Seat. (another forum member and proud Versys owner) Not sure why other then the seat covers were a little different and his seat came from the Florida factory.

Like DallasDon mentioned, it is a little wider and will be a little lower. I have found that I sit more towards the back and in the "bucket" of the seat. Previously, I sat more towards the front like I was riding a dirt bike. I really like my Corbin seat and for me, way better then the stock seat. (the boys are thanking me if you get my drift) If I were to modify the seat, I would thin out the front sides of the seat for when I am stopped. I think it would be easier to reach the ground. As for riding with it, I can really tell the difference in my daily commute- I travel about 60 miles a day round trip. Anyway, I really love the seat.

What made me really go for the Corbin is the ability to install a backrest directly into the seat. This made a huge difference to my wife who was freaked about riding and falling off.

Really, the decision on the seat is personal. You will get as many opinion on seats, but it really boils down to trying it- a very expensive prospect. Fortunately, this is a great forum and an excellent place to sell the seat if you don't like it.

Good luck

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I really liked the Corbin on my ZRX1100 and I have had a Corbin on almost every bike I have owned. The only time I didn't like the Corbin was on my Suzuki C50, it sat way too low.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Not sure on anything on the Corbin but it being wider for sure, but the Baldwin is my best and favorite add on to the bike so far!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
239 Posts
I think the stock seat height is listed as 33.1", and the Corbin is listed as 33". Not much lower. Mine is pretty good. It allows me to sit back with lots of support when traveling in a straight line, but slide right up to the front in the twisties.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts