Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm not a Versys owner, but I am here to help improve your community. I will be asking for your suggestions and input so that we can help this site grow.

Even though I am not an owner, I hope to fit into your community and get to know our active members.

Please keep an eye out for some slight changes here and there, and for some polls and discussions about improvements.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Welcome aboard new admin! Try a Versys, you'll like it!!

One suggestion (I was just about to PM the other admin about this), the ads are taking over the screen space. I realize he's trying to make a profit, but it would be nice to see a little less advertisement space & a little more forum topic space, like it was not too long ago. This new thing on the right really needs to go!

What say the masses??

(Hmmm... I just noticed my name is green...)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome aboard new admin! Try a Versys, you'll like it!!

One suggestion (I was just about to PM the other admin about this), the ads are taking over the screen space. I realize he's trying to make a profit, but it would be nice to see a little less advertisement space & a little more forum topic space, like it was not too long ago. This new thing on the right really needs to go!

What say the masses??

(Hmmm... I just noticed my name is green...)
Thanks for the welcome, and if I thought I could remotely afford another toy, I would have one...

As for the ads, I am trying to move things around to get the best combination of content vs. ads, but that's not always as easy as it sounds. I understand 100% where you are coming from, and if it was up to me, I would have no ads on, even on the site that I own, but license and hosting costs are recurring and have to be paid, or there is not site.

Although it looks like "just more ads" on the right side, there are future plans that are just being laid in place now. I am very willing to work with you guys to reach a happy medium, so please don't get all disappointed just yet, I just got started on things today.

Thank you for your input though, and for the welcome.

Glad to meet ya.

·
Registered
546 Posts
The red and green names seem a little off somehow.
I think two banner ads above the posts, an ad below the first post, and an ad to the right of the posts is a bit excessive. I'm willing to live with it if I have to I guess. Beats paying for membership, or having my e-mail address sold to spammers.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The red and green names seem a little off somehow.
I think two banner ads above the posts, an ad below the first post, and an ad to the right of the posts is a bit excessive. I'm willing to live with it if I have to I guess. Beats paying for membership, or having my e-mail address sold to spammers.
The colors are are helpful to members to be able to tell members from staff, they don't have to stay those colors, I am still messing with that. What would your suggestion of colors be. It's only for Admins and Moderators at this point, so I only need to worry about two colors.

As for the ads, I am working on that, looking for the happy medium, I don't want to aggravate members with the ads. Hang in there and we'll get them situated.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I don't know what it is about the colors that seems off, so I can't help you with any suggestions. Maybe use some sort of symbol next to the name instead of different colors?
Oh, welcome to the site. Almost forgot.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know what it is about the colors that seems off, so I can't help you with any suggestions. Maybe use some sort of symbol next to the name instead of different colors?
Oh, welcome to the site. Almost forgot.
Thanks for the welcome...

I'll work on the colors.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Jman - nice to hear from you and we appreciate the site. Let me know if you need help with anything.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Welcome Jman...The ads don't bother me...I'm just guessing here, but I doubt that the sale of Versys stickers don't pay for a heck of a lot for site admin :D

·
Registered
273 Posts
Jman423, welcome.

I also just joined this site recently after lurking for quite a while.

I also don't mind the add in-line with the forum, but the side thing seems to waste quite a bit of screen real estate all the way down the side of the page below the ad.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts