Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Although I've followed the forum for a while; I've never introduced myself. I'm an new rider living in east TN (never owned a motorcycle) and lucked into a good deal on an 09 versys after taking the basic rider safety course. From info gleaned from this forum I have made some modifications: lowering kit with big foot for the kickstand, handle bar riser with anti vibe, mirror extenders and engine guard. I have also changed the oil and cleaned lubed the chain with forum guidance. So a BIG thank you for a great group of teachers on this forum. My only gripe with the Versys is the seat which is terribly uncomfortable to me after 30min of riding; otherwise, I love the bike. Once again I want to thank everyone for all the great info.! :thanx:

·
Premium Member
16,217 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
623 Posts
Welcome!! I'd suggest, if you don't mind, practice the stuff you learned in your class in a parking lot, than progress from there as your confidence builds...

and... ENJOY!!! :)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Welcome aboard!

I was born in Newport, myself. Love them east Tennessee mountains!

~ Wes

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
East TN is a great place to live and ride. But, alas work will be taking me further south into deep south GA. Guess I'll be riding the flatlands.

Tech-Diver, I found the Versys last year on craigslist-Chatanooga for $4200. with only 1200mi on it. I frequent Ultimate and drool over the bikes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts