Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I have been jonesing for a Versys for quite some time. Looks like I finally have the opportunity to buy one. It will still be a few weeks as I have to buy my wife a new car before I can get the bike. Despite that I am already picking up a few farkles and add-ons for the Versys. For example, I ordered the H&B engine guards this past week and should be ordering Speedy's lowering kit next week.

Which brings me to my question. Can you guys recommend me some track stands that work well with the Versys? I have a lift that I use for my current bike (Boulevard C50) but would much rather have front and rear stands.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Welcome, just sold my wifes C50 but she is going to use my Versys when we go for the odd ride, i am sure other will answer your question on stands.
Phil

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome, just sold my wifes C50 but she is going to use my Versys when we go for the odd ride, i am sure other will answer your question on stands.
Phil
Yeah I had seen in one of your threads where your wife had a C50. Really liked the bike for what it is but it just doesn't fit my needs. I put 12,000 happy miles on it and hope to soon find it a good home.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
She put 10,000km on the C50 and really enjoyed it and most of the guys i ride with were very impressed with how well she handled that heavy 800cc beast and i agree she done real well.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hello, and congrats to your future V (and your wife's new car). Pretty much any rear stand will work with the Versys once you add the spools (10mm, I believe). The front stand is a different matter (the bottom of the forks are oddly shaped, not the same size, and the security bolt gets in the way). I recommend one that lifts at the triple tree, such as one of these or this one

·
Registered
612 Posts
Welcome and I think that's a worthwhile trade-off, a new car for your wife for a Versys for you. Well worth the deal!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies guys. A little more searching and I found a thread on it. I believe I am going to pick up the cheapie Harbor Freight for the rear and a Pitbull for the front.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Hello everyone. I have been jonesing for a Versys for quite some time. Looks like I finally have the opportunity to buy one. It will still be a few weeks as I have to buy my wife a new car before I can get the bike. Despite that I am already picking up a few farkles and add-ons for the Versys. For example, I ordered the H&B engine guards this past week and should be ordering Speedy's lowering kit next week.

Which brings me to my question. Can you guys recommend me some track stands that work well with the Versys? I have a lift that I use for my current bike (Boulevard C50) but would much rather have front and rear stands.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.
Although some have said they didn't like it, Harbor Freight has a rear stand that I've found to be pretty good. It isn't top of the line but is decently made and works well with the Versys. The good part is that it doesn't cost and arm and a leg.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A big thanks to whoever started this site. I pretty much burnt a 12 hr day at work surfing this site and soaking in whatever information I could find.

Now I am trying to explain to my wife why I ordered more parts for a bike I don't even have yet. :guilty:

·
Registered
670 Posts
I believe I am going to pick up the cheapie Harbor Freight for the rear and a Pitbull for the front.
it shouldn't matter, but may i ask why that combo? i'd either get a matching set or do the opposite of what you describe.

the rear stand is used more often and it is the one that will put your bike on the floor. so if you trust the rear with HF, then HF should be good enough for the front as well. otoh, if you're leery of the HF and want a PB for security, then get PB for the rear.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
:welcome: I came off a C50 2 years ago. No regrets. This thing has been a blast to ride. Its lighter, faster, and much more fun! The biggest difference you will notice is the Versys likes to rev a lot faster than the C50 does. The C50 pulls at very low RPM's and the Versys lugs at such low RPM's. Once you get the feel for more RPM, she will treat you right!

As far as stands, see post 6 & 11 where I listed what I bought. I have no complaints and they are built like a tank. You also pay for the tank! There are more economical alternatives available that serve the same purpose. :goodluck:

·
Registered
255 Posts
A big thanks to whoever started this site. I pretty much burnt a 12 hr day at work surfing this site and soaking in whatever information I could find.

Now I am trying to explain to my wife why I ordered more parts for a bike I don't even have yet. :guilty:
... and the reason I did this honey is that I am investing for the future... :yeahsmile:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it shouldn't matter, but may i ask why that combo? i'd either get a matching set or do the opposite of what you describe.

the rear stand is used more often and it is the one that will put your bike on the floor. so if you trust the rear with HF, then HF should be good enough for the front as well. otoh, if you're leery of the HF and want a PB for security, then get PB for the rear.
I picked those because of recommendations in a thread I found here. It didn't look like HF made a front, hence the idea for a Pitbull for the front. However, did some searching around on the HF site and, unless I missed something, it doesn't look like they carry either a front or a rear right now. I guess I am going to look a little more and see what other options are out there. Guess I still have a little time before I have to have some stands.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for that link, looked around and couldn't find one. Gonna order it next week, this weeks bike budget is already shot.

·
Registered
221 Posts
:welcome: to the forum.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts